Team EZ*PZ is looking for engineers!

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:07:19 -0700

This project was developed through Entrepreneurial Design for Extreme
Affordability, and we're looking for a mechanical engineer or product
designer to join our team.

Also, if someone is unavailable to join for the summer we would be
willing to discuss an alternative arrangement.

Project Background
Over 80% of sewage in developing countries is not treated, polluting
water supplies and perpetuating cycles of disease. In Cambodia, this
problem is exacerbated by an unsanitary and expensive latrine
emptying process. Developed through Stanford's Entrepreneurial Design
for Extreme Affordability course, the EZ*PZ is a simple add-on to any
latrine that separates between solid and liquid waste, improving
public health, reducing the lifetime cost of owning a latrine, and
providing a nutrient-rich fertilizer. Affordable yet profitable, safe
and implementable, the EZ*PZ presents a unique opportunity to improve
both sanitation and livelihoods for rural Cambodians.

The EZ*PZ Team
Our team currently consists of a chemical engineer, an MBA/MPA, an MS
in Earth Systems, and an International Policy student. We are looking
for a passionate, motivated team member to assist in both prototype
iteration and supply chain development. Experience working with
plastics (vacuum forming, injection molding) is a definite plus.

The Need
Team EZ*PZ is looking for engineers and product designers to develop
a sanitation prototype in Cambodia this summer.

Primary Tasks
    * Build 4-6 iterations of functional, usable prototypes to be
user-tested throughout the summer
    * Research local manufacturing capability in order to establish a
supply chain
    * Develop a close-to-final design that can be used in a pilot
launch next summer

This position will involve travel to Cambodia. If you are unable to
travel but are interested in the project, feel free to contact us.

If interested, please fill out the attached application and submit to
<mailto:ezpzextremeteam_at_gmail.com>ezpzextremeteam_at_gmail.com by
Tuesday, June 28 at 5 PM PDT.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at
http://design.stanford.edu/archive/ (the archive is not working
right now - we hope to have it fixed soon)

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.