job_111711a: Product Design Eng, Bridge Design (San Francisco)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:27:49 -0800

Job Title

Product Design Engineer

  Job Qualifications

· BS or MS degree in either Mechanical
Engineering or a Product Design related discipline

· At least three years relevant
experience in fast-paced, collaborative, product
design environment – recent graduates with
significant co-op (wwhat’s a co-op?) and other
design work experience can apply if they can demonstrate its relevance.

· Expert level proficiency in SolidWorks

· Strong understanding of engineering
materials and manufacturing processes

· Knowledge and interest in “green design” is a plus

· Proficiency in GD&T is a plus

Job Description

<http://www.bridgedesign.com/>Bridge Design is an
award winning San Francisco based design
consultancy specializing in industrial design,
engineering, design research, and user-interface
of medical and biotech products for clients
ranging from start-ups to international medical
corporations. Having been in business for 19
years we have built a reputation on our
commitment to each client's specific needs and
our interdisciplinary, problem-solving approach
to design. Bridge fosters a relaxed and
supportive atmosphere, deep dedication to doing
top notch work, and a longstanding culture of
honesty, integrity, and fairness towards our staff, clients, and suppliers.

  We are looking for an experienced product design engineer to join our team.

Bridge tends to work on projects from early
design research through to tooling release and
manufacturing support. We are a small team and
expect our design engineers to work on a variety
of tasks from participating in design research
and early conceptualization through to the
details of part design and follow through to
manufacturing. You would work alongside our
industrial designers who tend to focus on the
design problem from a human factors and
appearance point of view. Bridge believes in a
true team approach and in the early stages of
design our engineers often contribute ideas that
make innovative industrial designs possible.

  Please email a brief resume and some highlights
of projects you have worked on that you feel best demonstrate your skills.

  We are not looking for fancy graphics or slick
photography just examples we can review that go
beyond a resume. It’s OK to send something as
simple as a web link to a product you worked on
and a simple description of your role in the
project. We will reply to everyone who takes the
trouble to do this. Salary and benefits will be in line with experience.

  NO CALLS please and only apply if you have the
right to start working immediately in the US (we
are not able to get involved in any visa applications)

  Email us at: <mailto:PDjob11_at_bridgedesign.com>PDjob11_at_bridgedesign.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.