job_062112a: product manager, flip & tumble

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:43:07 -0700

Great opportunity to work at a growing design
firm. flip & tumble is a small, modern, home
products design company. We’ve been in business
for over 4 years and as a steadily growing small
company we’re looking to bring in another
person to our team. We’re looking for someone
to take over the management of our product
development and production runs with our overseas
factories. We are also looking for someone who
can think creatively, help with/attend trade
shows and have the ability to effectively jump
into other tasks as they come up. Other
potential areas for contribution include content
generation for our social media sites, and sales outreaches.

See more about us here!: <http://www.flipandtumble.com/>www.flipandtumble.com

RESPONSIBILITIES

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Ability to communicate with factories
overseas throughout the product sampling process.
(foreign language not required)
- Perform detailed reviews of product
samples and photos from factories.
- Problem solve issues both independently and with principals.
- Create documents to clearly and
concisely communicate product sample feedback to
our factories. Respond to questions/feedback from the factories.
- Put together detailed product
specification documents to clearly outline product specifications.
- Work together with principals on new
product development by brainstorming, sharing
ideas, prototyping, and problem solving

PRODUCT PRODUCTION RUNS
- Work with our factories to place orders of current products
- Work with factories to figure out
optimum manufacturability of new products
- Track key dates ensuring that our factories are on-time.
- Carefully review pre-production samples
to ensure that the factories are meeting product specifications.
- Engage with factories to check in on
production and keep an eye out for/track
problems. Help factories to work through
issues. Escalate issues to principals as necessary.
- Create inspection guides for 3rd party
inspection company detailing aspects of the
product that should be checked as well as
product, size, color, form, function etc.
- Liaise with vendors to arrange and
coordinate inspections, shipping and testing
- Alert our warehouse of incoming shipments.
- Keep track of and manage payments related to production runs.
- Work with principals and office manager
to ensure that manufacturing related payments are recorded correctly.
- Keep principals informed about production status.

GENERAL
- Ability to wear many hats and an
openness to jumping into new tasks when needed

REQUIREMENTS

- experience independently taking on the
responsibility of managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year university
- proven ability to be detail oriented,
examine things carefully and keep track of timelines
- ability to think proactively to improve
production and minimize problems
- ability to communicate well both verbally and visually
- ability to think creatively and come up with solutions independently
- must be proactive and open to new tasks
- proven ability to work independently
- ability to travel to and attend tradeshows
- flexibility to travel overseas if necessary
- ability/willingness to do some physical
work for trade shows and other projects
- ability to learn and use new computer software easily
- experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- experience with production of physical consumer products a plus
- experience with soft goods,
manufacturing processes, and working with materials a plus

Please send cover letter and resume to
<mailto:info_at_flipandtumble.com>info_at_flipandtumble.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.