job_080312a: Tesla Motors | Stationary Storage group | Firmware/Software Engineer | Full time | Palo Alto, CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 17:32:04 -0700

Tesla Motors | Stationary Storage group | Firmware/Software Engineer
| Full time | Palo Alto, CA

The Stationary Storage team at Tesla Motors is bringing battery
technology to the grid to facilitate a more renewable energy
ecosystem and increase grid reliability in places where it is
lacking. Our team is growing and we're would like to add a smart and
versatile engineer, with an emphasis on firmware and higher level
control software. Our current team is very small with several
Stanford ME / 218 alums, and we're looking for a hand-on, generalist
who will get things done. You will work on a variety of subsystems,
some are existing codebases (with other users and developers) that
need modification for our application, while other projects are new
and specific to our group. You will be able to shape the direction of
the product and a large amount of ownership of the firmware and
software that is specific to this application ranging from
architecture to implementation to testing.

Here are some of the projects that we see coming up soon:
* Embedded C on a microcontroller with an RTOS
* Communication over CAN, Ethernet, zigbee, and GSM networks
* Machine learning for analyzing and modeling energy systems
* Design and evaluation of algorithms for energy and power markets
* Development of parsers/compilers/code-transformers/DSLs for
templating and code generation.
* Development of a server system to coordinate and control
distributed resources

This is a great mechatronics project for people who are interested in:
* Green Energy
* Physical hardware

If you are interested in this job please email
<mailto:kfine_at_teslamotors.com>kfine_at_teslamotors.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.