job_112712a: Product Engineer, OXO (NYC)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:30:52 -0800

About OXO:
OXO is an award winning NYC based housewares
company with a strong international presence. We
are built around the principles of Universal
Design as well as creating the most innovative
solutions to everyday problems. Although OXO has
grown rapidly throughout its 20+ years of
existence, we are very proud of our scrappy,
entrepreneurial spirit and work hard to maintain
that. This means that our office environment is
open, prone to spontaneous brainstorms, and
likely to host heated arguments about design
details. Surrounded by art galleries, design
studios, and top fashion brands, we like to think
that we fit right in among the creative landscape
around our office in west Chelsea.

About the Job:
As a Product Engineer, it is your job to be the
owner of all technical aspects of a project from
conception through mass production. This means
you will perform a variety of tasks that are
necessary to bring an idea that starts as a
sketch to life, so every day is different. You
will have the opportunity to work with several
top industrial designers as well as cutting edge
manufacturing partners in Asia. In addition to
someone who is highly creative, has an eye for
detail, and a passion for design, we are looking
for someone with the following skill set:

• Excellent problem solving skills
• The ability to communicate ideas clearly
through sketches and email (even to someone who
is not a native English speaker)
• The ability to work well as part of a larger team is essential
• A good working knowledge of plastic materials,
injection molding, sheet metal, and die-casting
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required
• Intermediate level Solidworks or ProE
• Experience in dealing with Asian factories preferred
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in a relevant field and
a US working visa are required

• This position is for the OXO Tot team.
Experience with juvenile products is a plus but not required.

Resumes should be submitted in PDF format for
review to
<mailto:engjobs_at_oxo.com>engjobs_at_oxo.com. Please
send any documentation of previous projects that
best show your suitability for this position.

OXO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.