job_021513a: UX Design Lead, Fig.com, Palo Alto, CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:04:17 -0800

Mission-Driven Wellness Startup seeks UX Design Lead

Palo Alto, CA |
<http://bit.ly/VZUOI4>http://bit.ly/VZUOI4 | <mailto:jobs_at_fig.com>jobs_at_fig.com

Fig.com is a mission-driven startup, bent on
helping people reach their wellness aspirations
through a holistic approach – body and soul.
We’re designing with these questions in mind:

>How do we seamlessly integrate simple wellness
moments into people's daily lives?

>How do we keep people inspired, motivated and
accountable to their wellness goals?

>How do we give people a sense of their whole wellness picture?

About You

We are seeking a UX Lead to drive from strategic
vision to launch for Fig’s first large-scale
public release (currently in beta on iOS and Android).

You bring order and simplicity to complex challenges

You are relentless in ensuring every detail of
the user experience reflects thoughtful, intuitive and beautiful design.

You thrive in an environment that challenges assumptions.

You take an iterative approach to bringing solutions to life.

You get excited to be part of team that invites you to:

- do a weekly team workout

- share a monthly (company-sponsored) wellness project

- bring your whole self to work, including emotions, spirituality, dreams, etc.

About Us

Our team is led by seasoned entrepreneurs in
internet and mobile (Stanford GSBers) who are
passionate about human flourishing. Our founders
have led work in mobile gaming, social,
person-to-person payments, and e-commerce, with
25 million daily users and $80 million spent by consumers using their products.

We are building a culture where we practice
wellness as strongly as we design for it, where
the team thrives – in and outside the office.

<http://greatist.com/health/fig-mobile-app-preview>http://greatist.com/health/fig-mobile-app-preview

http://mashable.com/2012/12/19/fig-wellness-app

<http://netted.net/2013/01/28/fig/?id=Today>http://netted.net/2013/01/28/fig/?id=Today

The Role

Leadership

>Collaborate with founding team on both “what it
is” and “how it works,” and provide cultural and
creative leadership that results in delighted customers

>Own the areas of user research, interaction design, and visual design

>Translate core customer needs into thoughtfully
designed, intuitive product through an iterative learning approach

>Define and portray the company, customer, and
product “stories” visually for investors and partners

Execution

>Able to operate primarily as a design team of
one, managing team members and contractors as the team grows

>Produce all necessary wireframes, mockups,
prototypes, graphic elements, etc. needed to design and launch products

>Sit with an amazing, co-located engineering
team and hash out details needed to implement your designs

>Represent consumers’ needs across all internal
discussions and decisions that impact user experience

The Fine Print

Minimum 5 years experience as consumer mobile/web
lead UI designer, including familiarity on both iOS and Android

Experience with formal design, usability, and research methodologies

Extensive experience with generating wireframes,
static and dynamic prototypes, and other mockup methods

Expert with: Photoshop / Illustrator

Strong understanding of web technologies (HTML,
CSS, Javascript, etc), but coding not required for this position

Degree in human interface design, interaction
design, human-computer interaction, or
information design; advanced degree in these fields is a plus

Contact Jessica Hastings Munro at <mailto:jobs_at_fig.com>jobs_at_fig.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.