job_021815a: R&D Engineering Intern, Consure Medical (New Delhi, India)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:37:36 -0800

R&D Intern, Consure Medical, New Delhi, India

Consure Medical is a rapidly growing medical
device company that is developing novel solutions
for discreet and intimate healthcare needs. Our
current products focus on the management of lower
gastrointestinal conditions in bedridden
patients. Problems of the gastrointestinal tract
can cause serious health risks, but few people
want to help solve these issues. That’s where
we come in. We take a hands-on approach to
solving large and messy clinical problems with
sophisticated and creative solutions. As a
human-centric and innovative health brand, we
focus on increasing the standard of care for
patients, care providers, and healthcare systems
alike. In short, we create elegant solutions for yucky problems.

At Consure we take a strong team-based approach
to pretty much everything. Whether we are
designing a new part, brainstorming manufacturing
improvements, or taking a break for some of
Delhi’s famous chai, everyone is included. By
joining our engineering team, you will quickly be
integrated into every aspect of our product
development process. With Delhi quickly becoming
the medtech hub of India, this internship is
truly a unique experience to learn the nuts and
bolts of medical device innovation through
product conceptualization, validation, and
commercialization. If you’re interested in a
fast paced, work-hard, emerging market experience, we should talk!

Responsibilities
    * Conceptualize, prototype, and evaluate new product design solutions
    * Create and review engineering drawings
    * Develop, review, and execute formal product
verification and validation protocols
    * Understand and evaluate designs, processes, and inspections
    * Ideate, test, and implement lean manufacturing methods
    * Work closely with global vendors and
manufacturers to develop cost-effective solutions
Requirements
    * Current, full-time student (graduate
preferred) pursing a degree in Biomedical,
Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
    * Proficient in Solidworks/Pro-E and Matlab/LabView
    * At least junior level in engineering
classes with strong fundamentals in statistics
    * Hands on prototyping experience –
proficient with basic manufacturing methods (milll & lathe)
    * Excellent writing, communication, and translational communication skills
    * Proficient with entire Microsoft suite
    * Organized, self-starter, strong problem
solving skills and able to work well with others

Start dates are flexible so please send a copy of
your resume and a portfolio or samples of
relevant projects to <mailto:info_at_consuremedical.com>info_at_consuremedical.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.