job_011116a: Senior Mechanical Engineer, Mindtribe, San Francisco CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 08:44:37 -0800

Here at Mindtribe, we help our clients bring new things into the
world. However, we've learned from experience that building the right
thing requires a design methodology and a skill set which can be a
tad uncommon. Along with serious engineering skills, we share a
strong empathy with our clients and their customers. We work hard to
figure out how to validate key product features fast and early to
save time while yielding a product that will be embraced. And we try
to do it better every time. We're looking for experience mechanical
engineers that can not only architect and implement detailed
mechanical designs, but can also work closely with clients and other
engineers to make sure the end product is what we actually needed.
Team players are a must with a strong interest in continual team and
methodology improvement. And, perhaps most importantly, our engineers
must have a passion to help our clients make their products a
success. Here are some specifics for what we're seeking:
    * 5+ years in product development, ideally in consumer
electronics or connected devices, with multiple examples of
personally taking designs from concept through to manufacturing
ramp. Consulting experience is a plus.

    * Recent experience designing complex integrated hardware
assemblies. Examples we would be very interested in include those
which combine mechanical, aesthetic, and user interaction
requirements such as IoT products, wearables, or medical devices.

    * Passion to help clients develop successful new products and to
continually improve the process of product development.

    * Solid communication skills: presentation, verbal and written.

    * Experience helping to lead mechanical teams and mentoring
junior members.

    * Experience managing project schedules, budgets, and trade-offs;
communicating and prioritizing project deliverables to internal and
external stakeholders.

    * Experience collaborating with industrial designers and user
experience designers to incorporate their input into a product's design.

    * Sufficient understanding of electrical and firmware realities
to help inform integrated design decisions. Advanced skills are a plus.

    * Experience working with contract manufacturers before and
during production ramp, remotely and on-site, domestic and overseas.

    * Strong attention to detail and a dedication to craftsmanship.

    * A desire to work with like-minded colleagues to build the best
product development team around.

If the above sounds like you, we want to talk. Please send your
cover letter and resume to
<mailto:mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com>mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com. In your cover
letter, please help us understand why you and Mindtribe would be a great match.

-Tom Hsiu

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.