job_040416a: Social Media Manager_Seattle Think Tank (Seattle, WA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:23:15 -0700

Location: Seattle, WA

Type: Full Time

,Min Experience: Mid Level

ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION

We are a small think-tank focused on incubating
ideas, approaches, and products to improve the
lives of people — particularly the bottom two
billion poorest. Our work covers some of the most
pressing global challenges, particularly the following three initiatives:

· Global Health — saviing lives in the developing world.

· Education — ensuringg every child in
the US has access to, and obtains a great education.

· Clean Energy — develloping affordable
clean energy technology to meet the world’s
growing demand without contributing to climate change.

We partner with a number of global organizations,
including the UN, World Bank, ONE Campaign, GAVI,
and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

YOUR ROLE AS: SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER

You will support all facets of outbound social
media campaigns, working as part of an integrated
team comprised of creative, media and strategy functions.

In this role, you will focus on preparing and
executing campaigns across multiple channels,
spanning Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn,
YouTube and emerging platforms. Your role will
include all aspects of operation, including
content development and editorial programming,
campaign planning and execution, community
management, channel optimization, paid media
planning, measurement, and reporting.

Telling compelling stories about the world’s
toughest challenges requires holistic thinking,
big ideas, and smart outreach. But it’s not
just about storytelling. We want people to take
action and directly support key global causes —
health, eduucation, and clean energy.

Specific objectives will include expanding the
reach of the network among key target
demographics, maintaining high engagement levels
throughout, and providing support for broader media campaigns.

HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

LEGACY

The Outcomes From Your Work

· You will be a driving force in
building our brand, representing the
organization, and using our brand’s voice to move people to action.

· You will be a key contributor to a
fast-paced, ambitious, and talented team focused
on improving lives throughout the world by
focusing on initiatives in global health, education, and energy.

· Your hard work and recommendations
will help shape our strategy, language, and
content, reaching worldwide networks and audiences.

MASTERY

How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional

· You will hone your expertise in
developing content, integrating messages across multiple channels and outlets.

· You will help create KPIs and
frameworks on how to most effectively measure
success based on our overall goals.

· You will gain unique experience in
working with philanthropic organizations,
learning how to engage online communities and empower action.

· You will work with and learn from an
incredibly sharp, innovative, and connected team
who is invested in your development and opening
doors for your career trajectory.

FREEDOM

The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits

· You will have support and
encouragement to seek out and take on
professional development opportunities that make sense for you and your career.

· You will enter into an environment
where we practice what we preach, by
collaborating together, brainstorming in team
sessions, and lending a hand to our teammates.

· You will thrive in a healthy amount of
ambiguity, developing your ability to flourish with autonomy and adaptability.

WHO YOU ARE...

· A Digital Manager - You have 3-5 years
of full-time, relevant work experience and
demonstrated success at managing a large, diverse
social network spanning multiple channels and geographies.

· A Data-driven Decision Maker - You
live in the details and love data. You always
want concrete evidence to contribute to your
recommendations for the path forward.

· An Idea Generator - You leverage
opportunities. Your ideas shoot off like rocket
fire and you can imagine possibilities left and
right. You’ve envisioned and built strong
social campaigns and initiatives to drive long term results.

· A Humble Team Collaborator - No task
is too big or too small. Your humble and
self-motivated nature will lend perfectly to work
well with our creative, program, and media teams.

· An Accurate Planner - You have keen
ability to assess what is happening now, what
needs to happen in the future, and how to
appropriately get there. You know media channels
like the back of your hand and you always plug
the right channel in at the right time.

· An Articulate Engager - You have a
reputation for being particularly well-spoken,
well-informed, and well-prepared for every
encounter. You are comfortable presenting to, and
engaging with, various audiences, whether executives or interns.

APPLICATION PROCESS

Please complete your application to the role of
Social Media Manager at Seattle Think Tank
through this link -
<http://bit.ly/1RdXXmm>http://bit.ly/1RdXXmm.
Although applications are being reviewed on a
rolling basis, priority will be given to those
submitted by Monday, April 11th, 2016; therefore
we encourage you to forward yours soon!

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?

You’ll be invited to join our growing team in
Greater Seattle Area. If you have any questions
about the role, please feel free to email us at
<mailto:talent_at_rework.jobs>talent_at_rework.jobs.
We look forward to reading your application!

Best,
Marhian V. Escuro
Skype ID: immaan03

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.