job_051716f: Sr. Engineer in Computer Vision and Perception, Autel Robotics (San Ramon, CA; Pittsburgh, PA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:56:25 -0700

Sr. Engineer in Computer Vision and Perception, Autel Robotics (San
Ramon, CA; Pittsburgh, PA)

Born to Explore is the nature of every Auteler. We strive not only to
produce the world's most advanced UAV products to help people explore
the world beyond imagination, but also to create applications based
on AI technologies to make this world a better place!

In less than two years since Autel Robotics' establishment in 2014,
the X-Star, a smart quadcopter integrated with a 4K stabilized camera
and indoor positioning system, has caught the eyes of thousands of
consumers and distributors, especially at CES 2016. The X-Star is a
combination of complex algorithms and advanced engineering delivered
in one concise package, allowing anyone to explore and capture
amazing footage in ultra HD quality.

The Kestrel is another product that made its debut at CES 2016 - a
tilt-rotor UAV that combines the fixed-wing airplane's energy-saving
feature and the copter system's vertical take-off ability. The
Kestrel project was launched in early 2015 and it took the team less
than 8 months to see the aircraft's successful maiden flight. Capable
of flying autonomously over 100 km, the Kestrel can be applied in
many industries including precision agriculture, military
surveillance, emergency response and urban planning.

With our R&D teams in China (Shenzhen), Germany (Munich) and the U.S.
(Silicon Valley), we have gathered a group of industry professionals
with a genuine passion for technology and years of engineering
experience. We are determined to extending humans' reach through
aerial technologies with unlimited curiosity.

We want people with passion and stamina. We want innovators. We want
people who can collaborate and bring us a creative future. Are you
ready to ride with us to explore the world? Are you ready to prosper
while advancing your career? Are you ready to turn all the
impossibilities to reality? Join us and fly with us! Apply now via
email to <mailto:awang_at_autelrobotics.com>awang_at_autelrobotics.com

For more information about us, go
to <http://www.autelrobotics.com/>www.autelrobotics.com

Responsibilities

1. Design core computer vision and perception frameworks, both
algorithms and embedded code.

2. Establish computer vision, sensor data collection; testing
framework for algorithm simulation and performance evaluation

3. Work with product team for product development integration.

4. Build system level prototypes and proof of concepts including
sensor/embedded system bring-up on a vehicle platform.

Requirements:

1. M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrics, Robotics and
Computer Engineering or equivalent

2. 3+ years' experience in developing computer vision and perception algorithms

3. Experience in hardware and software architectures of monocular and
stereo computer vision

4. Experience in C, C++, and open CV in an embedded computing environment

5. Experience in SLAM, and deep sensor fusion between vision systems
and other sensors (i.e. Lidar, Radar, inertial, GPS),

6. Experience in ARM, FPGA, Nvidia GPU and similar computing architectures

7. Strong analytical capabilities, problem-solving and algorithm
design skills based on first principles

8. Experience in using data-driven development/testing approaches and
establishing objective performance, robustness, and quality metrics
for perception systems

9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to
communicate complex technical issues to cross-functional teams

10. Excellent collaborator in the context of a dynamic team from worldwide

11. Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, strong
entrepreneurial spirit, and comfortable with risk and uncertainty

12. International travel (up to 20%)

Preferred Qualification:

1. PhD in computer vision object segmentation, tracking and
classification or equivalent

2. Experience in vision + lidar/radar/inertial sensor fusion

3. Experience in semi-supervised machine learning and deep learning approaches

4. Experience in shipping embedded computer vision systems on a
dynamic robotic platform (automobile, UAV, robot, etc.)

5. Experience and interest in designing/building robots or
remote-control aerial vehicles

Current other US openings:

1. Sr. Engineer in Navigation & Sensor Fusion (Silicon Valley)

2. Sr. Engineer in Flight Control and Guidance (Silicon Valley)

3. Sr. Engineer in Guidance (Silicon Valley)

4. Sr. Engineer in System Identification (Silicon Valley)

5. Sr. Engineer in Computer Vision and Perception (Silicon
Valley & Pittsburgh)

6. Sr. Deep (Machine) Learning Engineer (Silicon Valley & Pittsburgh)

7. Sr. Image Processing Engineer (Silicon Valley)

8. Sr. Aerodynamics Engineer (Silicon Valley)

The information above has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this labor
category. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required for employees assigned to this position.

Autel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage
minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to
apply. Autel Robotics is a drug-free workplace and performs
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.