job_062716a: National Director of Community, 100Kin10 (New York City, NY)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 06:39:15 -0700

Title: National Director of Community

Hiring through: ReWork

Location: New York City, NY

Type: Full Time

Min Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor

ABOUT 100KIN10

100Kin10 is a non-profit organization committed
to recruiting, training, and retaining 100,000
excellent science, technology, engineering, and
math (STEM) teachers by 2021. Since our founding
in 2011, we’ve built a hyper-charged network of
<https://100kin10.org/partners>280 best-in-class
organizations from across sectors, each of which
has committed to contributing to the shared goal
and to learning and collaborating to solve the
big, systemic challenges that are standing in our
way. You can read more about us
<http://file.100kin10.org/100Kin10AnnualReport2015.pdf>here
- http://file.100kin10.org/100Kin10AnnualReport2015.pdf.

We are innovating an approach to social change
that we’ve taken to calling “networked impact”,
and we’re looking for a seasoned, visionary leader to join our team.

In our first five years, we secured commitments
for 100,000 excellent STEM teachers by 2021 and
built a highly engaged, collaborative network
immersed in collective problem-solving and shared
learning and willing to be vulnerable and
trusting with old and new allies alike. The
network is now primed for a significant leap forward.

To lead that work, we are hiring a NATIONAL
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY to develop and then execute
a comprehensive vision and strategy to organize
and mobilize our engaged and activated network,
enabling partners to leverage their collective
power to address the myriad
<http://file.100kin10.org/grand-challenges-v2.swf>systemic
challenges that limit STEM education in our country.

· This role is our frontline community
organizer and catalyst. Working with your team of
two, you will connect with partners and
understand their work, their challenges, what
they can contribute, and what they need.

· Building on your deep relationships and
knowledge of the network, you will support our
current partners to make meaningful progress both
against their own commitments and against the
challenges that stand in the way of our goal of
100,000 excellent STEM teachers.

THE PERSON

You are an organizer who has a track-record of
successful movement-building and mobilization.

· Maybe it was through a significant
campaign for social justice, maybe it was
political advocacy, maybe you’ve built community
at an innovative startup and are looking to build
a movement in the social-impact space, but you’ve
pushed people beyond where they already are and
into action. Bonus if this job allows you to
combine all of this with a passion for education and or STEM.

· Though you understand its limitations,
you also believe to your core that Margaret Mead
had it right, and that “a small group of
thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.”

You are a strategic thinker and an implementer,
and you see them as two sides of the same coin of impact.

· You are well-versed in theory and know
your sources, but you’ve also been out in the
streets, doing the real work of relationship-building and organizing.

· You are curious and constantly renewing
your own toolkit with learning and inspiration
from diverse and eclectic sources. People
routinely comment on how interesting and
surprising are the books on your bookshelf or references in your twitter feed.

· You are comfortable with ambiguity and
know how to make decisions without perfect
information. As part of that, you build in
learning mechanisms to assess how those decisions
played out and course-correct in real time.

You lead with genuine connection and charisma.

· You’ve been on center stage as a thought
leader but feel equally at home in a one-on-one
conversation. People remark on what a clear
speaker and thinker and exceptional listener you are.

· You understand what motivates people and
find ways to create “win-win”s that position
those closest to the work empowered to take it on.

You know how to galvanize and mobilize people around a shared cause.

· You are high-energy and thrive on
connecting with people, yet you are calm in the
face of the inevitable storm and can always find your center.

· You love to find shared points not just
between you and otthers, but as a hub, connecting the spokes.

· You hold an abundance mentality. You
know there are millions of people out there who
are willing to help; they just need to be called to action.

THE TEAM

The National Director of Community will join a
<https://100kin10.org/about>world-class team of
mission-driven professionals on the 100Kin10
staff. You will partner with co-founder and
Executive Director, Talia Milgrom-Elcott and
serve on our senior leadership executive team.
You will work alongside a remarkable group of
advisors and every one of our phenomenal partners.

THE DETAILS

We offer a competitive compensation package with full benefits and other perks.

WANT TO LEARN MORE?

  Please complete the following application to
the role National Director of Community at
100Kin10 through this link -
<http://bit.ly/1XLNioB>http://bit.ly/1XLNioB.
Although applications are being reviewed on a
rolling basis, those forwarded on or before July
11, 2016 - Monday, will be prioritized, thus, we
encourage you to submit yours soon.

All applications will be followed up for us to
learn more about your interest and qualifications.

Things we’re reading that inspired this role
definition (extra points for sharing others with
us as part of your application):

·
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/build-army-audience-gina-bianchini>Army
over Audience

·
<http://ssir.org/articles/entry/the_most_impactful_leaders_youve_never_heard_of>Systems
+ Network Entrepreneurship & Leadership

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.