job_080916a: Experienced Lab Director, Business Innovation Factory (Providence, RI)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 14:00:08 -0700

Title: Experienced Lab Director

Hiring through: ReWork

Location: Providence, RI

Type: Full Time

Min Experience: Experienced

  ABOUT BUSINESS INNOVATION FACTORY

At Business Innovation Factory (BIF), we believe
that change in our social systems is slow and
incremental; failing students, patients, and
citizens, as the world quickly evolves. To keep
pace with this change and to ensure our social
systems are operating in favor of those they serve, we need:

– Leaders who are capable of exploring new
moodels, not just tweaking existing ones.
– Real stories off success, possibility, and
learning to guide and inspire making
transformation safer and easier to manage.

We've created BIF Experience Labs to help social
system leaders become better and faster at
transformational change, as well as, shining a
light on success stories to inspire and educate
other leaders. We leverage our core capabilities
– design strategy, human-centered designn,
co-creation, prototyping, digital storytelling,
and community engagement – by applying our
expertise to real-world challenges and equipping
social system leaders with the tools to integrate
these methodologies into the culture of their organization.

ABOUT THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE LAB

We bring these capabilities to the healthcare
market through our
<http://www.businessinnovationfactory.com/projects/patient>Patient
Experience Lab, which is a platform for
imagining, designing and testing new models for
health and wellness. Through the Lab, we explore
how individuals experience health and wellness,
using those insights to design transformative
models that enable healthy, productive lives. BIF
has worked with leading healthcare systems,
pediatric hospitals, nursing homes, and national
funders to reimagine the health and wellness
experience for children, mothers, families, and elders.

ABOUT THE ROLE: PATIENT EXPERIENCE LAB DIRECTOR

We're looking for a market-facing, design-focused
professional who is passionate about transforming
healthcare. The Patient Experience Lab Director
is responsible for establishing the Lab in the
marketplace from sponsored project pipeline
development to thought leadership. The Lab
Director will position the Lab as a leader in
healthcare innovation through thought leadership,
market development and creating a steady flow of
new funded sponsored projects.

The BIF Team and work environment require and
prize collaboration, mental agility, and
creativity above all else. This is the
environment in which you thrive. You are excited
to use the Lab as a platform for meaningful
change and contribution in one of our most
complex social systems. It is what you are
looking for in your next role, and you are fired
up by the opportunity to apply your voice,
creativity, design strategy acumen and business
development skills to effect change in healthcare.

This role is located in Providence, Rhode Island
and will report to BIF's Chief Market Maker,
<http://www.businessinnovationfactory.com/about/people/eli-stefanski>Eli
Stefanski.

AS PATIENT EXPERIENCE LAB DIRECTOR, YOU WILL...

  Business Development

– Establish, in close partnership with our Chief
Market Maker , a sustainable funding model and
flow of new funded projects and investments that
support Patient Experience Lab growth objectives.

– Expand and support an ongoing pipeline of
mission-driven projects that are in line with the
growth strategy for the Patient Experience Lab.

– Actively expand and deepen an actionable
network of engaged innovators and aligned
organizations in healthcare and business model innovation.

Design-Strategy

– Spearhead the ideation and implementation of
our Patient Experience Lab strategy and operating
plan, ensuring that we're effectively leveraging
resources to drive meaningful change in
healthcare through each of our projects.

– Own the outcome and client relationship on
Experience Lab projects by contributing to design
strategy, leading team development, applying
sector knowledge and bringing facilitation expertise.

Thought Leadership

– Build and continually deepen an understanding
of market characteristics and opportunities.

– Position BIF as a thought leader and
participant in active conversations around
business model innovation and world positive
organizations affecting healthcare.

– Oversee the creation of open source thought
capital and tools based on the expertise
established by our team through experience and
experimentation, so we are able to share and
educate through our lessons learned.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR…

– 6+ years of professional expeerience with clear
ties to design strategy and healthcare.
– An enthusiasm and a demonstrated track record
of business development and strategy.
– An entrepreneurial nature and ability tto
fluidly fluctuate between high-level strategy,
and role-up-your-sleeves style execution.
– A desire to keep pace with the latest ttrends
and thought-leaders in health care business model innovation.
– A clear track record demonstrating strong
facilitation, designn strategy, and prototyping.
– Experience and passion for managing teams and
confidence in managing complex projects will clear outcomes.
– An understanding of the complexity of our
healthcaare system, a discomfort for its status
quo, and belief that we can – and should – do better.

THIS IS ROLE IS GREAT FOR YOUR CAREER IF…

– You've been working either in or providing
consulting and/or design services to the
healthcare industry and are seeking a more
creative, collaborative, and big-thinking method
to approach its challenges than what you've experienced thus far.
– You've developeed mastery in solving problems
using design-thinking and are seeking to apply
that skill to a challenge as big, complex, and important as healthcare.
– You aspire to work for a smaller innovative
organizationn in the healthcare space at this time in your career.
– You feel called to galvanize the right people
around changing our healthcare system for the better.
– You're motivated by thee inherent challenges of
building a business and are excited by the
opportunity to take on a diverse role that is
well-balanced between strategy and execution,
design-thinking and business development.
– You're seeking exposure to a plethora of
innovative thinkers and organizations in the
healthcare space that will create personal
connections you will carry onward throughout your career.

How to apply?

Please complete a quick application to the role
of Experienced Lab Director at Business
Innovation Factory through this link -
<http://bit.ly/2a4WthR>http://bit.ly/2a4WthR.
Although applications are being reviewed on a
ROLLING BASIS, priority will be given to those
submitted by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, August
11th, 2016; therefore we encourage you to forward yours soon!

Candidates that meet the minimum experience will
be invited to complete a set of short answer
questions. Please give us about 2 weeks from the
day you submit your initial application to follow-up with next steps.

If you have any questions about the role, please
feel free to email us at <mailto:talent_at_rework.jobs>talent_at_rework.jobs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.