job_100616a: Robotics Research Scientist, MathWorks (Natick, MA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 06:54:57 -0700

ROBOTICS RESEARCH SCIENTIST POSITION AT MATHWORKS

Do you have a passion for emerging technologies with a knack for
identifying trends and conceiving innovative solutions? Come join us
to work together on strengthening our ties with the research
community in the field of Robotics!

Be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team that works with academic
and industry customers around the world to advance the design of
complex engineered systems. Help us with technology transfer and
adoption while providing guidance on research directions that have
industrial relevance and impact.

As a talented and enthusiastic member of our research team you will:
- Gain insight into industry needs and provide guidance to the
research community with publications, presentations, as well as deep
technical engagement.
- Contribute to the research community by organizing special
sessions, panels, industry talks, grand challenges, special issues, etc.
- Accelerate academic research by creating and promoting case
studies, benchmarks, interfaces, prototype solutions, etc.
- Work directly with MathWorks development engineers to implement
relevant product capabilities.
- Help articulate key needs for research customers and provide
subject matter expertise to guide the direction of and contribute to
our long-term technology roadmap.
- Champion collaborative projects between thought leaders in the
research community and MathWorks development engineers.
- Identify advanced technology needs and conceive innovative
solutions to strengthen our intellectual property portfolio.

Find out more at:

<http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/15218-robotics-research-scientist?keywords=research&country%5b%5d=US&>http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/15218-robotics-research-scientist?keywords=research&country[]=US&

I look forward to making a difference together!

Pieter J. Mosterman
Chief Research Scientist and Director
MathWorks Advanced Research & Technology Office
Natick, MA
USA

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.