job_101116a: Senior UX Designer, Carrot Sense (Redwood City, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 07:18:58 -0700

DESCRIPTION

Carrot Sense is hiring a Senior UX Designer to
help imagine and create a revolutionary set of
tools and services designed to help people quit
smoking. As a pioneer in consumer digital health
and wearables technology, Design is a critical
part of our company’s vision and ultimate success.

Joining at this formative stage, you’ll have the
unique opportunity to imagine, drive, and help
bring to market a broad range of projects and
deliverables across multiple mobile and Web
applications for a variety of audiences including
consumers, behavioral coaches, content creators, and more.

Our audience is comprised of people seeking to
make substantial changes in their habits and
life. As such, this opportunity will challenge
you to think deeply about their needs, mindset,
and motivations in order to imagine original
solutions that are clear, concise, empathetic,
supportive, and non-judgemental. In this journey,
you will be called on to collaborate with a
diverse set of professionals including hardware
and software engineers, product managers,
researchers, clinicians, coaches, content
creators, executives and of course, end users.

What you will be doing

· Create and collaboratively develop the
product vision for a variety of complex and
abstract problems, collaborating with our entire
design, product management, engineering, and
executive teams to arrive at the best solutions

· Partner closely with engineers to
ensure the level of accurate and efficient
implementation expected of world-class consumer products.

· Work with clinicians, researchers, and
end users to fully understand the problem space,
design parameters, and user needs.

· Deliver a variety of design artifacts
across a range of fidelity and interactivity.

· Help to shape and craft the design
culture for an early stage startup by influencing
hiring, evolving our processes, and establishing
visual and interactive standards.

REQUIREMENTS

What you should have

· Significant experience (5+ years)
working on high-quality interactive products and
experiences across a range of platform including desktop web, iOS, and Android

· Bachelors or equivalent work experience
in (UX/Visual Design, HCI, Industrial Design or similar degrees preferred)

· A strong portfolio demonstrating both
your taste and creativity as it relates to
information architecture, interaction design,
feature design, typography, layout, and idea generation

· Demonstrated experience for rough
prototyping of interactions, usability and flow

· Proficient with design research

· Strong ability to translate user needs into design features

· Comfort and enthusiasm for
collaborating with teammates who possess a broad
range of skill sets, professional experiences, and cultural backgrounds

· Relevant or direct experience working
with industry-standard tools illustration and
prototyping tools such as Sketch, Pixate, Photoshop, and others

· Experience creating wireframes,
hi-fidelity mockups and the ability to provide visual assistance

· Amazing written and verbal communication skills

· A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude
that gets things done quickly at a high quality

· Pixel perfect attention to detail

· A passion for life-long learning
coupled with a personal drive to be involved in
an endeavor singularly focused on improving the
health and daily lives of millions of people from all walks of life

BENEFITS

What we can offer:

· At Carrot Sense, we'll take care of
you. In addition to competitive salaries,
challenging work assignments, and developmental
opportunities, we offer medical, dental and
vision insurance, stock options and generous PTO.

· Office location featuring Bay Trails
access to the waterway, walking path, full
service gym with pool, world class cafe on-site,
Caltrain shuttle and close proximity to 101.

· We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Interested parties should apply
to:
<mailto:careers_at_carrotsense.com>careers<mailto:careers_at_carrotsense.com>@carrotsense.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.