job_020617b: Mechanical Engineer, BioCeryx (Menlo Park, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 12:12:17 -0800

Please send resumes to <mailto:janice.li_at_bioceryx.com>janice.li_at_bioceryx.com.

BioCeryx (Menlo Park, CA)
Until complex genomic testing is widely accessible, the promise of
precision medicine is not achievable. The BioCeryx mission is to make
molecular diagnostics accessible and affordable. Our novel
proprietary microfluidic platform enables sample-to-answer automated
nucleic acid analysis from any human sample. We are backed by
leading healthcare investors and offer a dynamic start-up environment
with a close-knit team of highly-skilled and energetic colleagues. We
are looking for people who are inspired to push the boundaries of
genomic medicine. BioCeryx is founder-led, and we strive to hire
people who excel at identifying problems and take the initiative to
find solutions.

Position Summary
This position offers the opportunity to design and develop the
microfluidic consumable component of an automated diagnostic
platform. As a mechanical engineer, you will collaborate with a
cross-functional close-knit team to adapt a working prototype for a
new application and transform that prototype into a commercial
product. The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of
microfluidics, fluid mechanics, and pneumatically controlled devices.

Responsibilities
* Create and maintain the CAD model for the fluidic consumable.
* Design, fabricate, and test new fluidic components with input from
biological assay and hardware team members.
* Draft engineering drawings to interface with contract manufacturers.

Preferred Qualifications
* MS in Mechanical Engineering or Bio-engineering or equivalent work
experience.
* Knowledge of microfluidics and fluid mechanics.
* Proficiency in SolidWorks.
* Hands-on experience fabricating laminated fluidic devices is a plus.
* Experience designing injection-molded parts is a plus.

Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package including a start-up
equity component and excellent benefits. You'll love a challenging
and fluid work environment, exceptional colleagues, and the ability
to make a difference. Benefits include medical, dental, vision. Our
Menlo Park office is centrally located and within walking distance
from Caltrain.

BioCeryx Culture
Determining a candidate's fit with the BioCeryx culture is an
important part of the hiring process. We have a small and diverse
team of highly motivated individuals. BioCeryx's core product is on
the boundaries of computer science, genomics, and engineering
offering team members the opportunity to constantly learn from their
colleagues. We expect a lot out of each employee, and in return each
employee is allowed tremendous autonomy and flexibility in achieving
his or her goals. We rely on each team member to pitch in to help
others, be inquisitive, question conventional wisdom, and not be
afraid to fail and learn from mistakes.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.