job_112817a: Lead Mechanical Engineer, IonQ (Washington, DC)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:08:25 -0800

<https://ionq.co/>IonQ is building the world’s
first scalable trapped ion quantum computer. If
you ever wished you could have been part of the
team building ENIAC, now's your chance to be at
the beginning of a computing revolution. We've
got a lot of lasers; we just need your help!
You’ll work closely in an interdisciplinary team
of physicists, electrical and software engineers to design and build hardware.

Send resumes to <mailto:matt_at_ionq.co>matt_at_ionq.co

Responsibilities:

· Mechanical design and packaging of quantum computer parts and assemblies

· Turn high-level requirements into detailed specifications

· Manage vendor models

· Investigate, diagnose, and solve mechanical problems

Required skills and education:

· BS or MS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent

· Outstanding 3D modeling skills (we use Onshape,
but will consider candidates strong in any CAD package)

· 2+ years professional ME experience

· Hands-on experience in milling, lathe, and CNC operation

· 3D printer operation

· Familiarity working with manufacturers and fabricators

· Ability to estimate costs

Bonus skills:

· Mechanical design for electronics (e.g., enclosures, mounting hardware, etc)

· Working knowledge of vacuum chambers and optical systems

· Good at ping pong

· Love of 80/20

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.