job_020518a: Instructor, EXPLO (Norton, MA; Wellesley, MA; New Haven, CT)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:25:51 -0800

For more than 40 years, EXPLO has brought
together bright, curious and interesting young
people from around the globe for one-, two-, and
three-week summer programs on the campuses of
Yale University, Wellesley College, and Wheaton
College. Whether you are pursuing a career in
education, business, law, the arts, or something
else entirely, a summer spent as an instructor or
student life administrator at EXPLO is a proven
stepping stone to your future career.

Imagine a program where the traditional concept
of learning is turned on its head. Where
experiments take the place of lectures, and where
failure simply means you tried. EXPLO is the
place where you'll spend your days surrounded by
people who will inspire and challenge your
worldview. Our programs will most definitely
expand your notion of what learning is — and how much fun it is supposed to be.

Teaching and Curriculum:
Typical Compensation: $4,150 – $6,000 + Room and Board.
(Compensation for this position ranges depending
on number of courses and/or workshops taught.)
At least 2 years of college experience by the summer.

EXPLO Instructor, Focus Instructor

Interested in teaching creative, engaging courses
in a supportive professional environment? If you
are curious about working in education, consider
applying for an Instructor position at EXPLO. We
provide Instructors with a unique opportunity to
teach academic courses and workshops in their
major field of study or in areas of strong
personal interest. With guidance from our Office
for Teaching + Learning, Instructors design
detailed curriculum plans for their courses and
workshops during the winter and spring before arriving on campus.

In addition to teaching one or two classes a day,
Instructors play a major role in residential and
day student life. Most Instructors are also
Residential Advisors (RAs) or Day Advisors (DAs)
who supervise a living or day group.
Additionally, Instructors lead activities,
discussion groups, athletics and off-campus day
trips, and may assist with on-campus workshops.

Already a seasoned educator? Try one of our
Curriculum Advisor positions. Curriculum Advisors
provide mentorship and guidance to our teachers
as they prepare to make every summer course
Explo-ready: dynamic, engaging, robust, and fun!

Please apply by navigating to our online
application:
<http://explore.explo.org/faculty-application>http://explore.explo.org/faculty-application

--
Sean R. McCarthy
Assistant to the Head
<https://www.explo.org>
EXPLO
<mailto:smccarthy_at_explo.org>smccarthy_at_explo.org
www.explo.org
<https://www.facebook.com/ExploLive>
[]
<https://twitter.com/ExploLive>
[]
<https://www.instagram.com/explosummer/>
[]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY1ePS8ayKZUF_tXuWUmGQ/featured>
[]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting.  Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.
Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/
Note:  The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists:  Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc.  Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings.  Please
excuse the duplication.  Thank you.