job_050119a: Summer Collaborator, Project Ember (Menlo Park, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 12:25:36 -0700

Summer Collaborator

Project Ember is hiring builders/ makers/ educators/ artists/
dreamers for our summer arts and engineering programs in Menlo Park.

Work with kids ages 8-14 to design and engineer larger than life art,
sculpture, structures, puppets, vehicles, mechanisms and more. Create
a community of learners who celebrate mistakes, honor sincerity, and
value the power of both the individual and the team. Use a huge range
of supplies and tools from standard arts and crafts, to power tools
and dimensional lumber. Don't worry, no previous tool-use skills required!

Your primary role will be supporting and guiding kids through the
complex process of working on a team to design and make something
bigger than themselves (figuratively and literally). You will be a
teammate, doing the work right alongside the kids (read more about
what is a collaborator?). You will be a facilitator, making sure
every voice is heard and guiding the kids through compromise and
towards consensus. You will be a leader tilting the environment
towards engagement, and the project towards completion. At other
times you will have to hold firm boundaries that keep kids physically
and emotionally safe. Above all else, you will help create a space
where kids at our camp feel seen, heard and loved.

Help guide kids through a collaborative design and build process to
build things they never thought possible.

We're still looking for talented folks to join our Day Camp team of
Collaborators in Menlo Park. Complete information is available on our
webpage. <http://projectember.org/jobs>projectember.org/jobs

Contact: <mailto:Hiring_at_projectember.org>Hiring_at_projectember.org
Location: Synapse School, Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full Time, Seasonal, Hourly
Compensation: $17 - $22 per hour depending on skills and experience.
Dates: June 17th - August 8th - Please expect to work late on August
7th and 8th. We will avoid it if possible, but we must leave our host
site better than we found it.

Joshua Rothhaas
Founder, Director of Programs
Project Ember | <http://projectember.org/>ProjectEmber.org
Check out <https://vimeo.com/307779801>this video explaining who we
are in 5 minutes.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.