job_060420a: Embedded & Linux Systems Engineer Intern, Matician, Palo Alto, CA

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:52:05 -0700

Matician, Inc. Agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

About Us
There are products that customers think are cool in the moment, and
then there are products that customers cannot live without because
they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the
latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that
we can apply level 5 autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home
devices. We want to save people time and energy by circumventing the
mundane tasks inside the home. We are building great products to
solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. We are a
mission-driven and tight-knit group that values learning and
curiosity in a high-risk, high reward culture.

We'd love to hear from you if

You are genuinely motivated to help those around you, including users
at various levels of experience.
You are passionate about tackling large complex projects and are
adaptable to learning outside your normal comfort zones.
You love diagnosing complex technical issues and providing hands-on
support for hardware and software solutions.
Your curiosity to learn and grow is inversely proportional to your
level of ego.
You are excited to do great work.

The Opportunity
Develop core device functionality from the ground up.
Work with both EE and software teams to ensure feature feasibility.
Perform root cause analysis of system crashes and hardware failures.
Identify bottlenecks to improve system performance.

SKILLS
Strong experience in multi-threaded C and C++ is a must
Strong familiarity with userspace Linux programming and conventions
Working knowledge of Linux kernel internals
Knowledge of common communication protocols (e.g. USB, RS232, TCP/IP/HTTP)
Experience with microcontrollers is a plus
Familiarity with a systems scripting language, such as Shell or Python

Contact Email: <mailto:Jobs_at_matician.com>Jobs_at_matician.com
--
Cheers,
Josh Kapla