job_020821a: Product Designer/Mechanical Engineer, Skate One Corp. (Goleta, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 15:39:01 +0000

Product Designer / Mechanical Engineer
Skate One Corp. develops, manufactures, and distributes the world's best skateboard equipment. We are seeking an experienced and inventive Product Designer to help us create new, game-changing products for skaters of all ages and ability levels, at our headquarters in Goleta, CA. Our best in class decks, wheels, trucks, and bearings combined with 44 years of growth have made Skate One an industry leader. Our culture is a great place to exercise creativity and skills, which is why many of our team members have been with us for 20-40 years. Not exactly "Hotel California", but close.
 Our perfect Master Product Designer will possess:

  * BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
  * Specialized training in Product Design, like an MA or MS degree.
  * 7 years or more experience in consumer-oriented product design.
  * A Hands-on approach that includes brainstorming, designing, prototyping, designing for manufacturing, process and tooling development, liaison with sub-contractors, and proper documentation.
  * Ability to visualize concepts and communicate them clearly and concisely.
  * Mastery of 3-D CAD (SolidWorks), FEA, and CAM (Mastercam).
  * Journeyman skill with wood working, metal working, manual and CNC machining equipment.
  * Proven skill in designing laminated wooden and fiber reinforced products, castings, forgings, injection moldings, extrusions, machined parts, compression moldings, and centrifugal castings.
  * Familiarity with polyurethanes and epoxies.
  * A burning desire to build the best possible products, not merely adequate ones.
  * Experience getting completed product designs through production to market.
  * A great work ethic and a good sense of humor.
  * A desire to and the ability to work in the greater Santa Barbara, CA area.
  * 2 years or more of skateboarding experience.
Skate One Corp. offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401K, and a flexible work schedule.
Skate One Corp. is the designer, manufacturer and distributor of Powell•Peralta, Bones, Mini•Logo, AERA, RollerBones, and Eulogy brands.
Contact:
DeAnn Turner
Personnel Manager
Skate One Corp.
6860 Cortona Drive
Goleta, CA 93117
deann_at_skateone.com<mailto:deann_at_skateone.com>
View our products at SkateOne.com<http://skateone.com/>