job_021422b: Mechanical Engineer, FYTO Inc. (Petaluma, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 20:13:31 +0000

FYTO Inc. agrees with Stanford's Employer Recruiting Guidelines:

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Full-time Position

Located in Petaluma, CA

About FYTO

FYTO is a VC-backed startup building a world-class team dedicated to improving the world through climate-smart, high-tech agriculture. We grow unique aquatic plants through innovative automated processes to generate high-quality feed, food, and fertilizer products with a dramatically lower carbon footprint. The company’s patent-pending technology produces nutrient-dense ingredients using much less energy, water, land, labor, and fertilizer than conventional choices. Our company launched out of MIT in 2019 and is growing its team (and crops) in Northern California.

About the Role

We are seeking an experienced, well-rounded Mechanical Engineer that is looking to design and build systems and machines to improve the global food system. As a key member of our Engineering team, you will help design mechanical systems from concept to assembly. Our robots and machines function at the interface of mechanical, electrical, computer, and fluid engineering, and your role would be to design parts, create drawings, and ultimately make your designs a reality. As an early member of our team, you will be integral to achieving the company’s vision of autonomous, sustainable protein production.

What You’ll Do

  * Design machine components and assemblies in a fast-paced environment from concept to build and test, including 3D CAD, early-stage prototyping, 2D drawing reviews, and final assembly
  * Work with external manufacturers and vendors to make your design a reality
  * Help to design parts spanning electronics, fluids, and mechanical assemblies
  * Work with the engineering, biology, and production teams to integrate components and sub-assemblies into FYTO’s protein production farms

Required Qualifications

  * Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
  * CAD experience
  * Demonstrated ability to develop hardware from notebook to functional prototypes
  * Ability to work with minimal supervision in remote locations as well as with a team
  * Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
  * Quick learner who is flexible, motivated, and able to thrive in a startup environment

FYTO is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. FYTO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its recruitment processes and employment practices.

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to hello_at_fyto.us<mailto:hello_at_fyto.us>

Thanks,

Shannon Ojeda | Business Operations | www.fyto.us<http://www.fyto.us>
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1_5HacDnhS1UEgN9BzVgluOG1b49_Llqc&revid=0B9_5cGr9G4XIV1gvYUxLRFkyL0s4dEw4NVJpSUdYZFhoRXlnPQ]