job_021411a: Battery Development Internship, Primus Power (Hayward, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:26:49 -0800

Mechanical Engineering Internship, Battery Development

Primus Power is developing a low cost, utility-scale flow battery
system that will increase the stability and security of the electric
grid, and accelerate adoption of renewable wind and solar energy.

We are seeking enthusiastic and talented mechanical engineering
students looking for challenging summer internships. Our internship
projects require candidates to produce tangible work product. Thus
the assignments often require candidates to exercise their
significant "hands on" design, build, test, and analysis skills.

Candidate Requirements
   + Currently enrolled in a 4+ year mechanical engineering degree program
   + Have some demonstrable skills or experience above and beyond the
standard minimum academic course load. This can take the form of past
work experience or significant school or personal projects.
   + Excel in a fast paced environment where the ability to
synthesize and execute tangible solutions to immediate problems is key
   + Excellent verbal and visual communication skills - you will be
part of the engineering TEAM and must thrive on teamwork as well as
individual contributions
   + Must display a methodical and detail oriented work style with an
emphasis on organization and clear documentation
   + Previous experience with mechanical design, battery systems,
thermal/fluids system design, or electrochemistry is a plus
   + Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis

*Portfolio Requirement: Please submit portfolio of past design and/or
project work in addition to resume.

RESPONDING TO THIS JOB POSTING:
   1. Please reply to internships_at_primuspower.com
   2. Include the text "ME Internships" in the subject line
   3. Include your resume and portfolio as attachments.

Primus Power is a clean tech start-up in Silicon Valley. We are
financed by top tier capital firms. We offer a competitive salary,
stock options, generous benefits and an invigorating work environment.

Primus Power
3967 Trust Way
Hayward, CA 94545
internships_at_primuspower.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.