job_040411c: Strategic Design Consultant (search firm)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:48:27 -0700

>I am looking for an individual who is open to becoming part of an
>innovative design team and think strategically about solving design
>problems for clients. This is an exceptional opportunity for the
>right designer with an outstanding design agency in San
>Francisco. This is a FTE position as a Strategic Design
>Consultant. You will have the opportunity to work in online
>applications, desktop software and digital devices. The projects
>cross over all disciplines: consumer, healthcare, entertainment,
>financial, etc. The individual can be a very talented young
>designer or a strong experienced designer.
>

>The right individual will be a strong Interaction Designer with:
>
> * Ability to generate multiple solutions to solving design problems
>
> * Demonstrated strong interaction design process/skills
>
> * Familiarity with usability best practices and methodologies
>
> * Understanding of user-centered design tools/methodology
>
> * Creativity in problem solving and issue resolution
>
> * Strong analytical ability and self-management capabilities
>
> * Collaboration skills in solving design problems
>
> * Experience in consulting with external clients
>
> * Ability to think strategically and impact company products
>

>A good designer will be excited about the complex design challenges
>and the exceptional design team. This opportunity is with a
>prestigious consultancy with US and International clients. This is
>a stable company that has been around for years and values design as
>essential. They will relocate individuals for the position and
>sponsor the right talent.
>

>I look forward to your thoughts on this opportunity. Your
>suggestions of individuals would be much appreciated. Please pass
>around to your network for me! I really appreciate your help or
>will be happy to chat with you about the possibilities.
>

>I also have a strong Visual Design position in SF for full-time if
>you have any thoughts.
>
>Jean
>

>Top Dog Staffing
>
><mailto:jean_at_topdogstaffing.com>jean_at_topdogstaffing.com
>

>Over fifteen years experience placing Design Staff for software,
>online applications and mobile devices at staff and management
>levels. Specialized in UE for Interaction Design, Information
>Architect, Visual Design, Design Analyst, Communicators, etc.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.