job_042111a: Seeking biomechanical engineer to co-host television show

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:14:18 -0700

>From: Craig Constantine
><<mailto:craigc_at_halfyardproductions.com>craigc_at_halfyardproductions.com>
>Date: April 8, 2011 2:10:35 PM PDT
> I am reaching out to ask for possible recommendations for a
> biomechanical engineer to co-host a television pilot for a leading
> cable network.
>
>The role would include on-camera research, designing and
>demonstrating biomechanical devices. Also it would involve
>on-camera interaction with other cast members who are leading
>experts in their own fields. There may be some travel involved,
>but much of the shooting would be done in Los Angeles.
>
>If the pilot should go to a full series, it will likely become a
>high-profile show with a great deal of recognition for its cast members.
>The ideal candidate would be a rising star in his or her
>field. Young, charismatic, possibly athletic, with a strong
>personality, able to explain technical things in everyday language.
>
>In short, this is an opportunity for someone who has an ambition to
>be widely seen, as well as solid credentials in engineering.
>
>Today is our first day of outreach. I would appreciate any leads or
>candidates that you could suggest.
>
>About us: we are longtime television producers, having made many
>documentaries and reality-style programs for the Discovery Channel,
>History Channel, National Geographic Channel, and PBS, among others.
>

>Craig Constantine
>Supervising Producer
>Half Yard Productions (West)
>121 Lexington Drive, Suite 410
>Glendale, CA 91203

  <<mailto:craigc_at_halfyardproductions.com>craigc_at_halfyardproductions.com>

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at
http://design.stanford.edu/archive/ (the archive is not working
right now - we hope to have it fixed soon)

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.