job_063011a: Design Engineering Contractor, Think2Build (San Francisco)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:27:22 -0700

<http://www.think2build.com>Think2Build LLC is a product design and
development consultancy located in San Francisco. We're a small,
efficient team and we work on really cool products including medical
devices, consumer products, and furniture.

We're seeking Mechanical Engineering contractors with the following attributes:

* prolific brainstormer (being a good sketcher to quickly communicate
ideas is a bonus)
* excellent collaborator and a team player (but can also work well
independently)
* comfortable in the shop creating rough prototypes to validate concepts
* has worked closely with industrial designers at a product development firm
* strong engineering and part design skills
* Solidworks 'guru' (intricate assemblies and complex surfacing)
* solid understanding of designing parts for manufacturability
(plastic, sheet metal, casting, etc)
* detail oriented and can manage all aspects of a complex project
* good communicator and can communicate effectively to the client
regarding design decisions
* proficient at creating all necessary documentation at the various
phases of the project (from project status presentations for the
client to production release packages).
* good understanding of material properties
* familiar with engineering documentation (proper dimensioning,
notations, part tolerancing, BOMs, etc)
* comfortable with budget and schedule planning
* medical device development experience (understands the regulatory process)
* BS ME or greater with 4+ years experience

Interested?
Please submit a resume and portfolio of your work experience. Send
as attachments to
<mailto:info_at_think2build.com>info_at_think2build.com. No phone calls please.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at
http://design.stanford.edu/archive/ (the archive is not working
right now - we hope to have it fixed soon)

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.