job_070711a: UI Designer -- Stockpile (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 12:24:58 -0700

TITLE: Paid Internship – UI Designer

SUMMARY: We are an investor-backed consumer
financial services start-up in Palo Alto looking
for someone with the desire, drive, and skills to
help design a clean, attractive, easy-to-use UI
for our website. We've designed a few web pages,
some of which need polish while others need
more. We also need to design other parts of the
site from scratch, which will require thinking
through the user experience. Our sensibilities
lean heavily toward simple, clean design without
redundancy, clutter, and gratuitous extras like
motion/animation. We tend to like whitespace,
clarity, and ease of use. We also believe in
trying different approaches and iterating until it’s right.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design website user interface
· Develop wireframes and visual designs, and specify style sheets

· Ability to code the UI is a plus, but not required.

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong design and artistic sense
· Self-starter who can push a project
along and figure things out on his/her own
· A willingness to try different
approaches – regardless of whose idea it is
· A willingness to iterate until it’s great
· A perfectionist’s attention to detail

· Some knowledge of the stock market is a
plus. An interest in learning something about it is a must.

PLEASE SEND US:
· Your resume
· Some examples of your work (website
links, a portfolio, pictures, whatever you have)
· A brief email explaining your strengths
and why this position interests you.

· Send to Avi at alele_at_stockpile.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at
http://design.stanford.edu/archive/ (the
archive is not working right now - we hope to have it fixed soon)

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.