job_040512a: Research Fellow - Interaction Design and Software Development for Health and Wellness (Australia)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:16:34 -0700

Do you know of any HCI/Interaction Designers who would be interested in a
one year position in Australia below? We are looking for a person who is a
strong design lead, but also with a research focus. It is a 12 month
position.

The Opportunity
We are seeking an interaction design researcher to join a growing health
services research program in health, wellness and healthcare for people
living with HIV. You will join a team of researchers, doctoral students
and research assistants to understand experiences of health and sickness,
design innovative technologies for health and wellness and contribute to
the investigation of health interventions for disease prevention and
management. You will work with leading research groups in Australia and
elsewhere, generating internationally competitive research and making a
demonstrable difference to the health of people living with HIV and other
chronic diseases.

>Research Fellow - Interaction Design and Software Development for Health
>and Wellness
>Job No. 500704
>Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
>Central Clinical School
>Department of Infectious Diseases
>Location: Alfred Hospital
>Employment Type: Full-time / Part-time (1.0 - 0.8 negotiable)
>Duration: 12 month fixed-term appointment
>Remuneration: Pro-rata of $60,312 - $81,854 pa Level A /
>$86,161 - $102,318 Level B
>(includes 9% employer superannuation)
>
> * Exciting opportunity to join a growing research program
> * Fully funded multiyear research projects
> * Significant opportunities to develop your own research and
>collaborations
>
>Monash research addresses national issues and global needs. It also
>improves lives in the communities we serve. If you want to challenge
>yourself, and do it on a global stage, then Monash could be the place for
>you.
>
>To attract excellent people we know we need to offer excellent benefits
>and conditions. That's why when you join Monash, you'll join a workplace
>where fairness and flexibility are standards, not afterthoughts. We offer
>a variety of professional development opportunities, support for
>research, generous maternity/parental leave and work arrangements that
>acknowledge one size doesn't fit all.

>The Opportunity
>We are seeking an interaction design researcher to join a growing health
>services research program in health, wellness and healthcare for people
>living with HIV. You will join a team of researchers, doctoral students
>and research assistants to understand experiences of health and sickness,
>design innovative technologies for health and wellness and contribute to
>the investigation of health interventions for disease prevention and
>management. You will work with leading research groups in Australia and
>elsewhere, generating internationally competitive research and making a
>demonstrable difference to the health of people living with HIV and other
>chronic diseases.
>
>You will combine creativity and insight with an ability to deliver high
>impact research. You will have an emerging capacity as a researcher and
>strong ability to communicate research outputs, including excellent
>written and presentation skills. You will be an effective collaborator
>and an astute manager of user engagement.
>
>You will lead interaction design for the 5-year NHMRC-funded HealthMap
>Partnership Project. This project will design, pilot and evaluate in a
>large randomised trial an online platform for health, self-management and
>chronic disease prevention by people living with HIV. You will work under
>the supervision of the Project Director, Dr Julian Elliott at Monash
>University and The Alfred Hospital and Prof Margot Brereton at Queensland
> [...]

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.