job_041012b: ME Intern, Theranova (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:37:52 -0700

COMPANY DESCRIPTION

Theranova LLC is a medical device development
company with multiple biomedical
technologies. We have one opening. We are
located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood.

Please visit our website at: <http://theranova.com/>http://theranova.com/

JOB DESCRIPTION

The intern will be asked to perform certain
tasks, work on projects, attend internal meetings
and work one-on-one with our physicians,
scientists and interdisciplinary team members to
enhance existing processes within the company.

Projects/Tasks may include:

§ Work in an engineering lab

§ Build prototypes

§ Generate various drawings in SolidWorks

§ Develop test methods to characterize new
products, design test fixtures, evaluate
prototypes on bench-tops and coordinate activities with outside suppliers

§ Hands-on laboratory work and documentation in
laboratory notebooks, writing test protocols,
conducting tests and generating final reports

§ Collaborate with engineers and support project related activities

§ Implement components of quality system

§ Preclinical test data review and interpretation

§ Assisting with literature searches and preparing data for presentations

QUALIFICATIONS

Candidates must be working towards a B.S. or M.S.
degree. The student should have completed a
minimum of 2 (rising Junior/Senior standing)
years of an engineering curriculum
(degree). Must be in good academic standing and still enrolled in school.

Experience in mechanical engineering is a must
with electrical or software engineering
experience desired. We are interested in
prototyping experience, electromechanical systems
engineering, experimental test designs, failure
analysis and manufacturing process design.

CONTACT

Please contact
<mailto:marcieham_at_gmail.com>marcieham_at_gmail.com
to apply for this position. Include in your
email your current Curriculum Vitae and any other
relevant experience, a current transcript and the best way to contact you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.