job_042712a: Lead Visual Designer, Yummly (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:34:54 -0700

<http://yummly.theresumator.com/apply/G9ULYp/Visual-Designer.html>http://yummly.theresumator.com/apply/G9ULYp/Visual-Designer.html

Lead Designer

Location: Palo Alto, CA

Type: Full Time

Min. Experience: Experienced

About Yummly
<http://www.yummly.com/>Yummly is building the digital kitchen
platform and mapping the food genome...making life better/easier/more
fun for everyone who cooks.

Here's why you should join Yummly's food/tech revolution:
    * Yummly has built something that people already use and love,
and is on the path to building something great.
    * Yummly is unlocking the power of food, data & technology and
solving problems that were impossible to solve before Yummly came along.
    * Yummly has a great base to work from - we are already the
fastest growing food site in the world with over 4M monthly unique
visitors and 2 million Facebook subscribers in just 1 year.
<http://www.forbes.com/sites/daniellegould/2012/03/23/yummly-poised-to-become-the-billion-dollar-digital-kitchen-platform/>We
are going to be huge.
    * Yummly is funded by a team of tier-one investors who are as
passionate about the opportunity as we are.
    * Yummly is still a small early stage company. In other words, we
are looking for people who want to have huge impact at an early startup.
    * Yummly is a great place to work. We are a small, fun-loving
team of friends all passionate about food - with an amazing office
(coming soon) in downtown Redwood City, great compensation and
benefits and all the usual startup perks.

You will have autonomy and freedom. You will be the driver (not the
passenger) of your own destiny and your goals for our startup. You
will be passionate about what we're building. You will choose when
and how you will get your work done.

Some of the real problems we are solving that we'd like your help with:
    * Make computers understand every aspect of food and turn that
into useful consumer products
    * Discovering every recipe on the web and understanding the
recipe in it's entirety
    * Find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe from the tens of
thousands of cookie recipes and determine how to display it
    * Understand the taste preferences of our users and their families

Responsibilities _at_ Yummly

You will not simply be picking fonts and colors. You will be helping
to create a beautiful website and mobile apps. We want to make
Yummly the most useful, fun, and delightful online food experience in
the world.
    * Create novel ways to visualize food with next generation food data
    * Design the visuals for our website and mobile apps
    * Concept/design our email campaigns
    * Design/create new site graphics
    * Improve UI elements
    * Design and oversee production of offline print initiatives
    * Work with user research, product management, and developers

About You

If you're a great designer who lives and breathes the Web, who sees
mediocre design and wants to fix it, who cannot stand sloppy,
inattentive, or lame sites and apps, talk to us. We'd like someone
that has a lot of these skills/qualities:
    * You have the ability to visualize information in novel ways
    * You desire to do things that haven't been done before
    * You have a world-class portfolio
    * You are a great team player
    * You have the ability to rapidly produce multiple designs with
varying styles
    * You have the ability to incorporate user feedback and research
into designs
    * You pay attention to detail and multi-task
    * You have familiarity with HTML 5 and CSS 3
    * You have a disciplined approach to managing your own projects
    * You desire to work with excellent people
    * You have good sense of humor
    * You love food

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.