job_071012c: Senior Mechanical Engineer, Sonos (Santa Barbara, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:48:15 -0700

Job Title:
Location: Santa Barbara CA
Travel: 20%

For the right individual, Sonos will offer
relocation reimbursement to our Santa Barbara, CA office.

Job Summary:
Be part of the revolution as a Senior Mechanical
Engineer at Sonos! We continue to grow our
product development team in the development and
implementation of mechanical designs for our
wireless HiFi music system products. This Senior
Mechanical Engineer will participate in all
mechanical development activities interacting
with people at all levels throughout the company
and participate in cross-functional project meetings.

You will be responsible for managing tasks lists,
schedules, tracking tooling programs, coordinate
designs of experiments, prototype and ID model
builds, developing and managing mechanical bills
of material including part costs. You will also
interface with the Sonos NPI team as well as the
teams on-site at our contract
manufacturers. With your technical background,
you will participate in the architectural
development and implementation of mechanical engineering activities.

If you love music, solving challenging problems
and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!

Responsibilities include:
•ME project and ME design ownership (schedule,
cost, resources, issues, risks, decisions, process, communication)
•Coordination of mechanical engineering activities
•Leadership through influence

Qualifications:
•5-7+ years experience in hardware product
development, project management, and mechanical
engineering development within consumer electronics.
•Incomparable drive, energy, enthusiasm, and work
ethic (because we love our products!)
•A proven relentless sense of ownership in
development schedules, issues, risks, and team
•Delivery of superior product quality and user experience
•Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering
development with best practices in plastics,
extrusions, stampings, elastomers, thermal,
EMI/RFI, cabling, mechanical assemblies and tooling
•Converting stressful situations into positive experiences
•Willing to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Experience with Asian contract manufacturers and suppliers
•Preferably current experience with Pro-E Wildfire 3D CAD.

More about Sonos:

In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent
home audio for the digital age. Our vision was
simple - fill every home with music and make
listening a valued experience again. We’re making
it easy for everybody to listen to the music they
love in every room of their home. To hear the
songs they love, to discover new music they never
knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than
60 countries, in seven languages through
thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking
for ways to improve the experience – with new
products, new software and continually investing
in ways to provide our customers the best
experience possible. We’re doing what we set out
to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.

Contact:
Rick Huff
Senior Technical Recruiter, Sonos
rick.huff_at_sonos.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.