job_071112a: Alloy Product Development is Hiring MEs (SF, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:36:21 -0700

Alloy PD is looking for great MEs to join our team. We are moving to
an awesome new space and have a number of openings available from
junior to lead level positions. Following is a description for a mid
to senior level of experience. Please contact
<mailto:resumes_at_alloypd.com>resumes_at_alloypd.com and feel free to forward.

Full Time Senior ME:
Alloy Product Development is a consulting firm focused on the
mechanical engineering of consumer electronics, household goods,
professional equipment, and medical devices. We are a selective group
of 12+ mechanical engineers looking for people who take pride in
doing fantastic work and strive to constantly refine their professional skills.

Specific job responsibilities to include:
- Detailed mechanical analysis and design of parts and assemblies
for prototypes and mass production
- Client interface and project management
- Leading a small internal team
- Occasional travel to Asia to work with clients and manufacturing vendors
- Collaboration with outside ID, EE and other resources

Qualifications:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Strong fundamental skills in designing and analyzing structures,
enclosures, mechanisms and assemblies
- Knowledge of part design requirements for injection molding, die
casting, and sheet-metal
- Fluency in Pro/E (Wildfire 2.0+) and top down design methods (master models)
- Experience with various prototyping processes and hands-on skills
with assembling and debugging prototypes
- Critical qualities include attention to detail, professional
demeanor, creativity, efficiency, tenacity, and enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Bonus skills include:
- GD&T documentation
- Statistical tolerance analysis
- SolidWorks
- FEA (Mechanica or equiv.)
- Mechatronics/robotics
- CAD surfacing
- Prior consulting experience
- Machine shop experience
- Proficiency with Mandarin Chinese

Domestic applicants only. No paid relocation.

Compensation: Salary, insurance benefits, bonus, profit-sharing

Company Description
Founded in 2008 by two Stanford grads, Alloy Product Development
takes client's ideas from concept to production. We follow a
methodology of Conceive-Execute-Communicate, and believe that the
application of sound engineering principles is the difference between
a class-leading product and the rest of the pack.

Specialties include: Mechanical Concept Development, Analysis,
Industrial Design Integration, Detailed Mechanical Design for
Manufacturing, Vendor Liaison, and Project Management.

--
Alloy Product Development, Inc. | <http://www.alloypd.com/>www.alloypd.com
445 Bryant Street | San Francisco, CA 94107