job_080912a: Chief Technology Officer/Product Development Eng, CS Laboratory Technologies (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:08:54 -0700

Company Overview:

CS Laboratory Technologies designs and manufactures dynamic cell
culture products for research and industrial teams. Our first product
line, the Cytostim Flexor, is an easy-to-use, high-throughput system
that allows researchers to apply strain to adherent biological
samples. Unlike any other system, our technology also allows for
customizable strain levels and plug-and-play functionality, opening
new frontiers in pharmacological and tissue engineering research.
Please visit our website at www.CSlabtech.com to learn more.

CS LabTech is seeking a Chief Technology Officer/Product Development
Engineer to help develop our startup into a premier life science
company. This individual will work with the co-founders to play an
integral role in high-level strategic decisions to set the company’s
technical direction and development during this early stage.

Core Responsibilities

· Convert current Cytostim Flexor device from arduino to PIC,
redesign the GUI, and lead the development of the next generation of
Cytostim products.
· Oversee prototyping and production of Cytostim system
· Maintain and Improve the mechatronic control system
· Oversee the collection and implementation of user feedback to
improve the C#-based GUI

Qualifications

· Bachelor’s degree in MechE, EECS, or similar
· 2+ years of experience in industry and/or graduate education in
MechE and/or EECS
· Understanding of hardware and software and their integration
· Experience in CAD software, design for manufacturing, and the
ability to transform designs to CNC’d/molded prototypes and products
· Experience with PIC and PCB design for closed-loop control
(experience with pneumatic systems a plus)
· Self-motivated yet team-oriented, with strong communication and
consensus-building skills
· Ability to balance multiple projects in various roles to
achieve both short-term and long-term goals

To Express Interest

Please submit your resume and two paragraphs in the email body
describing your interest in the position and fit for our venture to
cody_at_cslabtech.com (subject line: CS LabTech ­ Last Name, First Name).
We look forward to hearing from you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.