job_100212b: Consumer Experience Analyst, Argus Insights (Los Gatos, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:25:23 -0700

CONSUMER EXPERIENCE ANALYST - LOS GATOS, CA

Do you want to work with Fortune 500 companies to drive delight to
their customers through a novel application of Design Thinking,
Social Media Analytics, and good old fashioned Innovation? Apply to
join the Argus Insights crew as we turn the market on its head and
help companies measure that most elusive metric, delight.

Argus Insights
(<http://www.argusinsights.com>http://www.argusinsights.com) is
looking to hire a Consumer Experience Analyst to join our growing
team. You'll work with our customers to connect the dots between what
stories bubble up from our patented analytics platform and the
actions they need to take to transition their consumer experiences
from blah to ah-ha!

We're looking for data hounds that have the intuition of Sherlock
Holmes and the attention to detail of the IRS. At ease in front of a
spreadsheet or a room full of skeptical customers, the ideal
candidate will have come either from a background in military
intelligence or product design with bonus points for both. We need a
strong team player that knows how to put the mission/customer first,
that believes in the transparency of information and that the best
decisions are based on a blend of evidence and gut. At home with a
whiteboard marker in hand or presenting a deck of slides, the right
person has the ability to communicate and facilitate the client
understanding what stories the data is telling and the implications
for the client. Also critical is the capacity to spin compelling
narratives in prose or pictures, tailoring the medium to the message
and the client. Above all you need a passion for excellence and a
desire to win.

Bonuses given for a background in ethnographic research methods,
statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, MASINT, consumer product
design, and karaoke.

You'll be part of an agile team bent on nothing less than eliminating
mediocre customer experiences from our lives. We've already have
found success in helping some of the worlds biggest companies, most
decorated design firms, and most celebrated branding agencies. While
started with a sprinkling of angel funding, Argus Insights is now
cash flow positive and growing. We are funding the firm with the best
source, our clients, which keeps us focused on delivering the delight
we measure to our customers as well. The founder is an MIT grad and a
former Stanford adjunct Professor of Design and Innovation, an IDEO
alum, and award winning product innovator.

The position may require some travel. The company is located in
beautiful Los Gatos, CA, on the edge of Silicon Valley. Employees
are expected to have their own transportation to work.

This is a full-time position with salary and options commensurate
with experience.

Send your cover letter and resume to
<mailto:recruiting_at_argusinsights.com>recruiting_at_argusinsights.com.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.