job_101712a: Sr. Product Developer, TRX (SF)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:12:35 -0700

TRX seeks a world-class creative and
collaborative talent to serve as our Senior
Product Designer. This is an opportunity for the
right person to write the TRX product design
playbook, and to help us use that process to
complete a ton of game-changing design and
innovation work. We’re interested in improving
our existing Suspension Training, Rip Training
and anchoring products, as well as designing the
next patented innovations to take the fitness
industry by storm. The Senior Product Designer
will work hand-in-hand with the Director of
Products and the Founder/CEO to solve for needs
across multiple customer segments. This is a
chance for someone to put her stamp on the
fitness industry and TRX’s future.

Title: Senior Product Developer

Responsibilities:
    * Use a product development process based in
design research and rapid prototyping to invent
new components and total gear systems for a range
of consumer, professional and tactical fitness activities.
    * Own the customer insights, design, and
development and sourcing process for all gear product introductions.
    * Develop rapid prototypes to validate ideas
with our internal thought leaders and end users.
    * Develop product CADs for early concept testing and design iteration.
    * Work with the Product Team to generate
critical documents to help direct detailed
manufacturing and quality assurance efforts.
    * Create new intellectual property within the TRX product family.
    * Contribute unique ideas and influence the design thinking at TRX.
    * Work collaboratively, brining products to
market as part of a multidisciplinary team.
    * Some travel required: 2-3 times per year (domestic and international)

Reporting:
Reports to Product Director and will have
significant exposure to the founder & CEO and
Board of Directors. In particular, the CEO is
very involved in the R&D, design and development
process, and was singularly responsible for the
first 5-years of TRX product evolution.

Must Haves:
    * BS in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or Industrial Design.
    * 8+ years in product design and development,
with materials experience spanning metals, plastics, textiles and composites.
    * A proven track record developing elegant
and innovative consumer products in a range of industries.
    * Immense passion for developing novel solutions using design thinking.
    * Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate on ideas.
    * A strong opinion and willingness to engage
in direct, constructive conversations to determine how best to move forward.
    * Ability to accept critical feedback and implement ideas from others.
    * Experience with design research and user investigation.
    * Experience transferring designs to Asian manufacturing partners.
    * Frequent experience with Solidworks or other CAD tools.
    * Be results and deadline driven: must be
willing to do whatever it takes to meet deadlines.
    * Able to work independently with little
direction and multi‐task, handling various
projects at once while being timely and accurate.
    * Comfort working in a fast paced, “startup” environment.
    * A passion for fitness products and training.

Nice to Haves:
    * MS in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or Industrial Design
    * Experience with fitness, training or sports products
    * Machine shop skills
    * Sewing skills
    * A mix of start-up and large company experience
For more information, please email Shannon Jones,
Director of Products at <mailto:sjones_at_trxtraining.com>sjones_at_trxtraining.com.

About Us:
TRX develops and delivers world-class training
products and workout programs for everyone, from
fitness pros and enthusiasts of any age and
ability, to athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB and
UFC, as well as our servicemen and women in every branch of the US military.

We seek motivated, passionate people who are
driven to fundamentally alter the fitness
industry and impact lives in a positive way. If
you are someone who thrives in a high-energy
environment and a culture that embraces
individuality, teamwork and innovation, then we
warmly invite you to consider joining us.

At TRX, every employee brings passion, integrity
and inspiration to our business. And people are
taking notice. Outside Magazine has named TRX one
of America’s “Best Places to Work” for
three consecutive years. The San Francisco
Business Times has also counted TRX among the
“Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” for the past two years.

A key reason for our rapid growth is our ability
to relate to and inspire our customers on a
personal level by living and breathing the active
lifestyle we promote. We know that daily exercise
increases the overall morale of the company and
helps our employees to be more productive and
less stressed. We’re thrilled to be recognized
out of hundreds of companies for something we
believe in and represent every day.

<http://www.trxtraining.com>www.trxtraining.com

W. Shannon Jones
Director, Products and Business Development
TRX
<mailto:sjones_at_trxtraining.com>sjones_at_trxtraining.com
<http://www.trxtraining.com>trxtraining.com

[]

<http://www.facebook.com/TRXTraining>
Facebook
<http://twitter.com/TRXTraining>
Twitter
<http://linkedin.com/in/wshannonjones>
LinkedIn
<http://youtube.com/user/TRXTraining>
YouTube

Contact me:
Google Talk
<mailto:sjones_at_trxtraining.com>sjones_at_trxtraining.com
Skype
wshannonj

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.