job_103112b: Lead Embedded C Programmer for balancing robots, Double Robotics

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:41:25 -0700

Double Robotics - Lead Embedded C Programmer for balancing robots

Double Robotics is building an iPad-based telepresence robot and we
already have 700+ pre-orders ($1.4 million) since August. We're a
very small team, but we're growing quickly and we're looking for
someone to takeover development of our embedded C code, which
includes the balancing and driving algorithms. It works remarkably
well already (<http://www.doublerobotics.com/>see demo), but we want
someone to help take it to the next level.

To get in touch, email Arda at
<mailto:ardakara_at_gmail.com>ardakara_at_gmail.com with your coolest project.

Job Description:
- Tune and refine the balancing/driving C code
- Takeover responsibility for the rest of the embedded code
(encoders, motors, sensors, LEDs, etc.)
- Work in a very small team and close to happy customers
- You should have relevant hands-on experience with complex motor
control loops.
- Formal degrees are optional. Please show past professional and/or
side projects.

Benefits:
- Competitive salary and significant equity
- Medical coverage
- Private offices for everyone
- Use the machine shop and tools for personal projects
- Free lunch and dinner
- Free snacks and beverages
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home some days, if desired (call in on a Double!)

Location:
- We're located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- We will pay moving expenses, if necessary.
- Full-time is best, but contract work (possibly even remote) could
be arranged for the right candidate.

Contact Arda - <mailto:ardakara_at_gmail.com>ardakara_at_gmail.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.