job_121212c: Contract Mechanical Engineer/Product Designer, LUNAR DESIGN (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:54:27 -0800

Our LUNAR engineering team is an immediate need of talented and
experienced mechanical engineer and product design contractors. We
seek candidates with whom we can establish a great relationship, and
continually call upon to offer additional value and extra horsepower
to our projects. We have 2 week to 2 month assignments that may lead
into a fulltime employment.

Ideal candidates would have the following qualities:

     Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 3+
years relevant experience
     Experience working with design firms and designers to faithfully
translate high end industrial design into viable products
     Experience with low and high volume processes, both plastic and metal
     Experience with Solidworks and/or Pro/Engineer, including master
models and organic shape surfacing
     Excellent mechanical conceptualization skills
     Excellent written and verbal communication skills
     Ability to work on short (a few weeks) to long term (a few
months) projects
     Ability to visually sketch out and think through ideas before
jumping into CAD
     Analysis capabilities, including FEA, Tolerance and Thermal
     Ability to work onsite in our San Francisco office months at a time
     Ownership of a CAD machine with up to date CAD license

To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and a portfolio which
demonstrate the above skills and experience.

Please note that all applicants should submit application materials
as soft copies (a single PDF or PowerPoint preferred, no more than
6MB) or as a link to a portfolio website to hr_at_lunar.com with
"Mechanical Engineer Contractor" in the subject line. Please do not
send CDs or hard copies. Please do not send original materials as we
cannot guarantee their return.

No phone calls, please.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.