job_121212d: Superstar for small design startup, flip & tumble (Berkeley, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:10:25 -0800

Position Overview
We’re looking for a superstar to join our small
fast paced product development company. Our
company provides the perfect opportunity to gain
exposure to an entrepreneurial environment that
focuses on designing modern consumer
products. Our company is about taking those
pesky, annoying problems and finding clever,
simple, and joyful solutions. Ever wanted to
have an impact on real products in the real
world? The position will allow the right person
the opportunity to take on significantly
responsibility on products that will reach real
people. The person in this role must be willing
to do whatever it takes to get the job done,
doing everything from putting together marketing
strategy one day to putting together furniture the next.

Find out more about us at: <http://www.flipandtumble.com/>www.flipandtumble.com

Core job functions

Manufacturing – Take full responsibility of
managing our overseas manufacturing from the
point where we have a product concept to delivery
of completed product in our
warehouse. Communicate with factories overseas
by email and chat in English. Perform detailed
reviews of product samples and photos from
factories and create documents to clearly and
concisely communicate product specifications and
feedback. Ensure that project status
information is organized and
maintained. Proactively identify potential
problems and find solutions. Ensure that a
strong relationship with our factory is maintained.

Customer Service – Handle phone and email
inquiries from customers ensuring that customers
have a positive experience. Put together
invoices, shipping quotes, etc. Send out samples as needed.

Tradeshow – Help design our booth. Work with
vendors for purchases related to our
booth. Organize our packing list, obtain
supplies, work on physical projects needed for
the booth (prepping foamcore walls, applying
stickers, constructing small
furnishings). Willing to travel to attend
tradeshows (2-4 tradeshows a year) and represent our brand/sell our products.

Design projects – Help principals to push forward
new product development efforts through misc.
efforts such as light physical prototyping,
testing, getting user feedback, brainstorming, and problem solving.

Marketing – Plan and put together the content for
our social media (facebook, our blog,
emails). This involves photographing, putting
together graphics and writing content that is in
line with our modern brand. Help identify other
avenues for successful marketing. Track our media efforts to measure success.

Sales – Call on existing potential sales leads
to develop relationships, provide information
about our products and try and obtain
sales. Find new sales leads. Increase our sales
through consistent follow up and outreach.

Required skills

-bachelors degree required
-enthusiasm and confidence to take on projects independently
-self motivated
-organizational skills to break down and manage complex projects
-detail oriented
-ability to present information clearly and
concisely with focus on what matters
-hands on – ability to do light building and creative projects
-enthusiasm for product design
-an openness and willingness to learn and take constructive feedback
-ability to work creatively with others to ideate and problem solve
-proficient in excel
-ability to clearly communicate visually and verbally
-ability to work after hours as needed

Desired skills

-familiarity with a modern design aesthetic
-experience creating content for social media
-photography skills
-adobe photoshop
-adobe illustrator
-experience in sales
-a vehicle to run errands

  To Apply

Please email your cover letter and resume as one
attachment to the following email.

<mailto:info_at_flipandtumble.com>info_at_flipandtumble.com.

Please also tell us why YOU are a good fit
specifically for this position in your cover
letter. If you have any creative work you would
like to share or a portfolio please send that
along as well but it is not required.

Salary commensurate with experience - ~40-60K

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.