job_011713a: UX Design Intern, Cook Smarts (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:02:31 -0800

Cook Smarts (http://www.cooksmarts.com) is a growing food and cooking
website that takes an educational and problem-solving approach to
cooking. Our mission is to give home cooks the cooking chops, tools,
and confidence to take charge in their kitchen. We will turning our
current meal planning newsletter / product
(http://www.cooksmarts.com/meal-plan-newsletter-archives/) into a
web-app this spring. We are looking for a UX Design Intern to lead
the UX process.

This person will be working closely with the founder - Jess Dang,
History, Class of 2003 - throughout the process to discuss goals and
vision of the product, creating wireframes, testing them with beta
testers (which have already been recruited), and iterating. We are
looking for someone who is / can demonstrate:
1. Passion about creating tools that educate people and make their lives easier
2. A critical thinker who can guide us through tough questions
3. A self-motivator who can work on their own when needed
4. Someone who can work under pressure and adapt to changing time lines

Commitment
Project can be worked on remotely with face-to-face / Skype check-ins
1. February through March - 8 to 10 hours / week
2. April through May - 6 to 8 hours / week

Since we are boot-strapping start-up, this will be an unpaid
internship but we would like to compensate you with the following:
1. Monthly royalty fee once the web-app launches, with a cap
determined by experience level
2. Reference for future jobs
3. Business mentorship. Jess has 8 years of experience in the
corporate world, solving strategic problems for pharmaceuticals, oil
and gas, and payment companies. She is a huge believer in mentorship
and professional development and was a leader in developing Visa's
New Grad Program

If you would like to apply, please:
1) Take a look at our website to understand our mission
(http://www.cooksmarts.com)
2) Send a resume, portfolio (if you have one), and 1 short paragraph
on why you would be a good fit for this project to jess_at_cooksmarts.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.