job_012513a: Part-time Job/Internship at Honda Research Institute, Controller for Autonomous Vehicles (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:56:07 -0800

Area: Controller for Autonomous Vehicle

Lab: Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at
the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities.
We pursue emerging technologies in the areas of
Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
Our Lab is located in Mountain View in Silicon Valley.

Job Description:
The successful applicant will be part of a team
that builds a small four-wheeled vehicle that can drive fully autonomously.
His/her main responsibility is to add a
PhidgetSBC board, Phidgets motor controllers, and
Phidgets I/O boards to the vehicle to control velocity and steering angle.

Qualifications:
required:
•B.S. degree in either EE, CS, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
•Experience with Phidgets boards, Linux, C programming
desired:
•Knowledge of robotics, vehicle control, CAN bus

Duration: up to 6 months part-time (min. of
10h/week) or 3 months full-time, starting now

Contact:
send applications to Bernd Heisele, BHeisele_at_honda-ri.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.