job_013013c: SoE China Internship Program

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:29:52 -0800

I am writing to keep you informed of the China
Internship Program within the School of
Engineering. Every year, we send about 16-18
engineering students to conduct internships in
China. This summer, Volkswagen China Group is
offering a position in production planing in its
R&D center in Beijing. This is the first time our
program has a position related to automobile and
I hope your students can take advantage of this
opportunity. Please see our program website and
the position description below. The application
deadline is Feb. 11. Would you please help inform your students?
<https://engineering.stanford.edu/portals/student/jobs-and-internships/programs-in-china/china-internship-program>https://engineering.stanford.edu/portals/student/jobs-and-internships/programs-in-china/china-internship-program

Department: Production and Logistics, New Vehicle Product and Projects
Department Profile: The NVP department is
responsible for the coordination and planning for
all new vehicle projects in the China region.
Another key area of activity is benchmarking
between our Chinese affiliates and their competitors in the region.

Number of Openings: 1, graduate level preferred
Work Description:
    * Work closely with Mark Planung groups (VW,
Audi, Skoda and SEAT) to establish feasibility of
New Vehicle Production planning and estimation
for New Vehicle programs in the China Region.
    * Work closely with Production Planning and
Finance to compile and compare new plant and new
project Investment levels. Identify and quantify
key differences between similar plants,
particularly in the use and application of
automation and advanced technologies.
Note: VGC offices are located in the heart of
Sanlitun, Beijing©ös vibrant embassy district.
Our internship program is quite well developed
with currently over 100 interns coming from all
over the world; it is a very diverse group that
maintains a quite active lifestyle outside of working hours.
Requirements:
    * A candidate able to complete a 6-month
internship is highly preferred. Please indicate in your application.
    * German speaker helpful but not required.
Chinese Language Level: Not needed, can perform
job with minimum language skills.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.