job_030513a: Electrical Engineer / Firmware Developer, Faraday Bicycles (SF)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:26:02 -0800

Faraday Bicycles
Position: Electrical Engineer / Firmware Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA

full time electrical and systems engineer to join
our team. This is a key position to lead the
design, development, testing, and production of
the embedded systems for Faraday’s current and
future product offerings. The ideal candidate
will be an exceptionally talented, hands-on, and
creative engineer who shares our vision for
creating beautiful, innovative new products.

Key responsibilities + expectations :
Design, layout, assembly, and testing of circuit
boards ranging from analog electronics, serial
communication/micros, LED lighting systems, and external sensors.
Authorship and maintenance of a firmware library.
Work with senior powertrain engineer on
high-level electrical system design, integration
of battery system with motor control and vehicle state system.
Design (in collaboration with ME) of wiring harnesses and connector selection.
Design for manufacturability of wire harnesses,
electrical housings, and other components.
Battery and battery pack testing, general
electrical assembly, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
Management of electrical technicians, where appropriate.
Thorough documentation of work on electrical hardware and software.
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.

Experience + Qualifications:
BS or MS in electrical engineering or mechatronics.
2+ years industry experience, preferably in embedded systems.
Proficient with ModBus/UART serial communication languages/protocols.
Experience with Eagle CAD or other schematic/layout package.
Familiarity with PIC and AVR families of microcontrollers.
Some experience with electric vehicles, electric
motors, and batteries / battery balancing systems is a strong plus.
Familiarity with manufacturing processes and
standards for electrical components preferred.
Experience taking product to market strongly preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Love of bicycles – what great engineer doesn’t?

The Bottom Line
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking
engineer who shares our vision for this company
and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a
start-up environment, to bring that vision to
life. Do you have a track record of solving
complex engineering challenges and delivering
outstanding products? Are you hands-on,
action-oriented, and happiest rolling up your
sleeves? Are you an EV tinkerer, hacker,
robotics guru, or BattleBots champion? Can you
imagine anything more exciting than helping bring
what’s been described as “one of the most eagerly
anticipated new bicycles in years” to life?

About Faraday Bicycles
Faraday Bicycles™ is an early stage start-up
dedicated to revolutionary bicycle innovation and
design. We are engineers, designers, and industry
veterans who passionately believe that better
bikes make a better world. Learn more at
<http://faradaybikes.com>faradaybikes.com.

To apply:
http://www.faradaybikes.com/pages/were-hiring
http://www.faradaybikes.com/pages/apply

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.