job_031813a: Summer Intern, Orbit Baby (Newark, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:44:04 -0700

Position: 2013 Product Development Intern

Opportunity
Are you looking for a rare opportunity to work on consumer products? Are
you worried that with your Product Design or Mechanical Engineering
degree you're going to end up working on server racks for the rest of
your life?
If you've built prototypes that put a smile on Shop TAs' faces, if
you've put in the extra time to learn surfacing and other maddening
features in Solidworks even when your project didn't require it, and if
you always met a project deadline no matter the pain, we're looking for
you.

Orbit Baby
Started by two Stanford grads, we are a fast-paced, fun and high-energy
company. We apply advanced engineering, innovative design, and high-tech
materials to make the best child transportation gear on the planet.
Orbit Baby is an internationally recognized premium brand, and is also
now the car seat and stroller of choice for Hollywood and professional
sports celebrities. Check out our products and achievements at
www.orbitbaby.com.

What we're not necessarily looking for
Years and years of experience: if you're a butt-kicker, we'd love to
work with you right away.

Brief list of what we are looking for
* Proficient prototyping skills
* Good team-player and communicator
* Solid Solidworks CAD skills
* Flexible enough to do whatever it takes to meet a goal

Responsibilities
* Rapid prototype building and concept development
* Mechanical design and CAD
* Contribute to our immediate and upcoming product development
* Concept generation and strategy contribution for future product
development
* Human factors and ethnographic research
* Contribute to project management of product development tasks

Details
Location: Newark, CA
This internship position is available in June of 2013.
Send resume, cover letter, and your compensation requirements to
jobs_at_orbitbaby.com. Phone interviews will be followed by in-person
interviews.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.