job_032613b: Applications Engineer, Luminous Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:03:36 -0700

LUMENOUS IS HIRING!

Lumenous is at the forefront of medical device
manufacturing for ultraprecision medical
components such as stents, hypotubes, and a wide
variety of components for minimally invasive
medical devices. Are you interested in having a
fulfilling, successful career supporting quality
in a company where every part matters and makes a
difference in the world? You can at Lumenous.

LOCATIONS, CUSTOMERS, AND QUALITY

We are located in Sunnyvale, CA and in Jiangyin
(Jiangsu), China. Our facilities are equipped
with laser micromachining centers, chemical and
electrochemical processes, heat treatment
processes, nitinol tubing & wire drawing
equipment, cleanroom microassembly processes, and
a variety of other capabilities to serve design,
prototyping, and volume manufacturing needs.
LUMENOUS has customers in the U.S, Asia and
Europe. The LUMENOUS quality system is registered
to the ISO 9001 and 13485 standards.

WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE

LUMENOUS is a unique working environment for several reasons.
* Excellence: Our customers say that are we are
the very best partner in laser cutting and precision finishing (see below).
* Innovation: We put significant emphasis on
process development. We support our customers in
the product development stage, helping them to
innovate on their designs. We often have ideas
that end up incorporated in the final device; our
expert engineers are involved from the beginning
of a project adding value at each step. This
fills our days with many engineering challenges from concept-to-conclusion.
* Quality: We use a matrix of groundbreaking
processes that ensure reliability and consistency
of production; our quality system is ISO13485-registered.
* Expertise: We are experts in high-performance
alloys like nickel titanium, super alloys (e.g.
cobalt chrome, L605, MP35N and Elgiloy) and
confidential new materials. Our stainless steel
technologies are also unique in performance and cost.
* Reliability: We have two separate production
sites (California and China) with identical
processes, procedures, and training which ensures security of supply.
* Experience: After working with 200 customers we
have deep understanding of our customer’s
applications; it doesn’t take long for us to be at full speed.
* Trust: customers choose us when they don’t want
to worry about receiving excellence in
engineering, service, and precision cut and finished parts

=====================================
POSITION TITLE: APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
=====================================

JOB DESCRIPTION:
The position includes applications engineering of
new parts, identifying and carrying out
improvements to existing parts, identifying
resource constraints; troubleshooting process and
equipment issues; testing new processes.

* Executing and supporting all production
processes (laser-cutting, heat treatments,
mechanical and chemical processing, and electropolishing)
* Identifying manufacturing steps for new parts
* CAD/CAM programming.
* Tooling and fixturing design.
* Provide the engineering discipline and
leadership required to plan and implement
projects to develop, install, and qualify new
processes for manufacturing new products or for
improving existing processes to achieve business plan objectives.
* Provide engineering leadership in the design,
fabrication, development, installation and
qualification of equipment, which may include
feasibility studies and/or proper documentation
for justification of project and training to
ensure proper operation of the equipment.
* Provide cross-training for other engineers and technicians.
* Oversee project improvements and troubleshooting of production equipment.
* Maintain proper compliance and quality systems requirements.
* Participate in project teams.
* Ensure that production meets key measurable
performance metrics of yield, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction.
* Model and maintain standards of professionalism
and interpersonal behavior that are above reproach.

REQUIREMENTS
* B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (Mechanical,
Manufacturing, Chemical, Mechatronic) or equivalent
* Experience or education relevant to manufacturing
* Analytical skills related to manufacturing processes

BENEFICIAL
* CAD/CAM experience
* Experience with ISO9001 or ISO13485
* Precision manufacturing experience
* Laser experience
* Chemical handling experience

WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING ABOUT LUMENOUS:
* “Excellent quality cutting…very consistent”
* “You guys work hard and produce great parts.”
* “Really technical. I love it.”
* “You guys are awesome…”
* “Better service than the others we’ve qualified. We are sticking with you.”
* “You’re unbeatable on R&D.”
* “No quality issues, unlike certain other suppliers.”

LUMENOUS DEVICE TECHNOLOGIES, LEADER IN ULTRAPRECISION MEDICAL DEVICES
Please send resumes to
<mailto:opportunity_at_lumenous.com>opportunity_at_lumenous.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.