job_0410c: Software Engineer-UI Designer - Zee.Aero (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:06:44 -0700

Title: Software Engineer-UI Designer

Job Description:

We are currently seeking a multidisciplinary software engineer to join
our software and avionics group. This position focuses on user
interface development for an experimental ground control station as
well as for the cockpit of a next-generation electric aircraft. This
will involve designing GUIs, developing back-end infrastructures, and
deploying applications on flight hardware. The candidate will be
involved in all aspects of software design and development, all the
way through flight testing.

Requirements:

• B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) with 3 or more years
of software development experience.
• Extensive experience in C++ programming.
• Experience designing large software applications from the ground up
(>10,000 lines of code).
• Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Excited about user interface design.
• Excited about making things fly!

Desired Skills:

• Experience with C programming for embedded platforms.
• Experience with autonomous air vehicles or other robotic platforms.
• Experience with manned aircraft.
• Experience with DO-178B software certification.
• Experience with ARINC-661 cockpit display standards.
• Experience with the QT graphics library.
• Experience with the ROS (Robot Operating System) library.

Company Description:

We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from
Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. Working at
the intersection of vehicle autonomy, advanced aerodynamics, and
electric propulsion, we provide a stimulating environment where
creative engineers explore the challenges of green transportation. If
you have expertise in aircraft design, electric power systems, active
control, machine learning, aeroacoustics, composite structures, or
systems integration, we are looking for you. Here you have the
opportunity to build your ideas and see them fly.

Benefits:

We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and life insurance, 20 PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k)
plan with company matching, commuter checks, education assistance and
many more. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks
such as free lunches, snacks, drinks, fruits, year-end bonuses,
employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, ping-pong table, afternoon
chocolate, happy hours and many more.

Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their CV to gabe_at_zee.aero.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.