job_091713a: Engineer, MindTribe Product Engineering (San Francisco)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:14:43 -0700

MindTribe is looking for upcoming graduates to
join our team of electrical, mechanical and firmware engineers.

MindTribe is a product development consultancy: a
tightly integrated team of electrical, mechanical
and firmware engineers developing innovative
technology products. At the core of MindTribe’s
product development method is a change-tolerant
development process. Not only are our teams
accepting of new inputs, we actively seek
them–technology-related learnings, what the
competition is doing, changing business needs,
and most importantly, what customers want.
Clients come to MindTribe wanting to be
technology leaders, and they look to us to help
them define, design and build their next big thing.

Our clients span a range of industries from
consumer electronics to medical devices,
automotive, and robotics. They include
established companies like BMW and Apple, as well
as startups developing products like the Flip
Mino camcorder and the Tesla Roadster (back when
Tesla was a wee 40-person company). As a result,
the work is always fresh, we’re constantly
growing our skills, and we’re the first to get to
play with the latest technology (yes, even before Engadget).

We like things that we can touch and that
interact with the physical world. This requires
an interdisciplinary team composed of electrical,
firmware, and mechanical engineers. Here are
examples of some roles you can play:

- Electrical engineering: system architecture,
schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping, testing analog and digital systems
- Firmware engineering: software architecture,
coding for embedded systems, system integration
- Mechanical engineering: ideation, component and
system design, CAD, prototyping, design for
manufacturability, manufacturing support

As a member of our project teams, you’ll be asked
to take responsibility for designs and to drive
solutions rapidly. Everyone pulls their weight
around here, and your efforts will be critical to
the success of the products we develop.

In addition to technical work, you’ll get
exposure to the inner workings of a small company
in MindTribe itself, as well as the operations of
our clients. Depending on your interest, there
are opportunities to become more involved in the
business side of things, including hiring,
business development, and internal processes.

Our team enjoys working together, and we greatly
value maintaining an awesome work environment. We
look for people who are bright, enthusiastic, and
fun! ‘Tribers regularly spend time together
outside the office, whether that’s doing happy
hour at a local watering hole or stumbling around
the Exploratorium’s Tactile Dome.

We are currently accepting applications for
full-time positions. There will be on-campus
interviews at Stanford in October. For more
information on how to apply, see our campus recruiting page:

<http://mindtribe.com/job/campusrecruiting/>http://mindtribe.com/job/campusrecruiting/

We look forward to hearing from you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.