job_071513a: Industrial Designer, Momentum Machines (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:15:11 -0700

Industrial Designer - San Francisco, CA

Company Description:

We make the most advanced restaurant robots in the world. Our
technology will democratize access to high-standard food by bringing
a divergent jump in efficiency, precision, and consistency to the
restaurant industry, ultimately reinventing every aspect of the
customer experience. To complete the next phase of our development we
have taken investments from Khosla Ventures and Google Ventures.

Besides making robots that people didn't think was possible, our team
is constantly helping each other out and pushing ourselves to grow as
engineers and colleagues. Everything here is positive sum. Apply only
if you are interested in helping your teammates grow, desire
autonomy, and want to grow along with us. You will be a part of a
productive team that is allergic to company politics and bureaucracy.

You will also work with a passionate team that is in love with
getting people excited about what we're building. We have a lot of
mainstream press lined up for our launch. The curiosity transcends
borders; people around the world are signaling interest. Of course,
this is only the beginning of our journey, given that our robots will
be the centerpiece of a long-term strategy to delight customers in
unexpected ways.

Position Summary: We are looking for an industrial designer in the
Bay Area that is as excited about this technology and has a passion
for the positive and revolutionary effects it will have on a stagnant
industry. The position will consist of a period of several months of
heavy work and then subsequent follow-up work as we go through
various revisions of our technology. Qualified applicants will have
completed undergraduate or graduate degrees in Industrial Design
and/or have an amazing portfolio of work, as well as at least 3-5
years of professional experience in product design.

Our production machine will be front and center in our first
restaurant and be highly visible to the public. In turn, we are
looking for someone who: - Can help us take our technology from a
rough-looking prototype to a beautifully polished machine that is
consistent with our brand. - Has insights for the way in which
consumers respond to new technologies and how industrial design can
be used to display their innovative aspects in a way that delights.
- Understands current trends in style and can innovate beyond them to
help us create a look that is new and loved by the public.

How to Apply:
Please email resumes and portfolios to
<mailto:Steve_at_momentummachines.com>Steve_at_momentummachines.com