job_101513b: Hands-On System Engineer – Wireless Video System f or Driver Awareness, Peloton Technology (Menlo Park, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:48:10 -0700

Peloton Technology (<http://peloton-tech.com>peloton-tech.com) is
harnessing developments in vehicle automation to make heavy truck
fleets the safest and most efficient in the world. Peloton's system
uses radar and DSRC vehicle-to-vehicle communications to link active
safety systems between pairs of trucks, reducing collision-related
expenses and fuel costs. We are seeking expertise to help prototype
and develop a wireless streaming video solution to enhance driver
awareness for long-haul trucks. We want candidates who are Makers
and take ownership over all aspects of their projects.

* Wireless communications including antenna selection/evaluation
* Networking experience
* Video software including compression/decompression
* User experience design and evaluation

Peloton is founded by Stanford Alumni with roots in autonomous
vehicle programs at Stanford, the PRL, Tesla, Volkswagen and
IDEO. Founders include Josh Switkes (PhD ME '06) and Dave Lyons
(MSME '90, MBA '01). Our seed investors include Castrol/BP and the
developer of the first commercial GPS receiver for Trimble. Our
testing/development is funded by the US Department of Transportation
and US Department of Energy in cooperation with Peterbilt Trucks
(Paccar) and the American Trucking Association.

Contact the team at <mailto:jobs_at_peloton-tech.com>jobs_at_peloton-tech.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.