job_052914a: Lumenous is Hiring Application Engineers

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:25:05 -0700

Lumenous is Hiring!

Lumenous Device Technologies is at the forefront
of medical device manufacturing for
ultraprecision medical components such as stents,
hypotubes, and a wide variety of components for
minimally invasive medical devices. Are you
interested in having a fulfilling, successful
career in a company where every project matters
and makes a difference in the world? You can at Lumenous.

We have an opening for an Applications Engineer for Medical Components.

Engineering at Lumenous is hands-on, fast-paced,
and energizing. The essential engineering task
involves improving and figuring out new
techniques for making intricate, amazing medical
components that save lives and improve the quality of life for patients.

Locations, Customers and Quality
We are located in Sunnyvale, CA and Jiangyin
(Jiangsu), China. Our facilities are equipped
with laser micromachining centers, chemical and
electrochemical processes, heat treatment
processes and a variety of other capabilities to
serve prototyping and volume manufacturing needs.
Lumenous has customers in the U.S, Asia and
Europe. Lumenous is registered to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards.

What makes us unique
Lumenous Device Technologies is a unique working
environment for several reasons.

· Excellence: Our customers say that
are we are the very best partner in laser cutting
and precision finishing (see below).
· Innovation: We put significant
emphasis on process development. We support our
customers in the product development stage,
helping them to innovate on their designs. We
often have ideas that end up incorporated in the
final device; our expert engineers are involved
from the beginning of a project adding value at
each step. This fills our days with many
engineering challenges from concept-to-conclusion.
· Quality: We use a matrix of
groundbreaking processes that ensure reliability
and consistency of production; our mature quality
system is ISO9001- and ISO13485-registered.
· Expertise: We are experts in
high-performance alloys like nickel titanium,
super alloys (e.g. cobalt chrome, L605, MP35N and
Elgiloy) and confidential new materials. Our
stainless steel technologies are also unique in performance and cost.

In the medical industry, the product development
lifecycle is necessarily very long. At Lumenous,
things are inherently a bit different. We enjoy
the unique satisfaction of serving medical goals
in a hands-on environment where real engineering
problems get solved on a daily basis. The pace of
projects at Lumenous is quick, and the work is
energizing. More information about the position is below.

Applications Engineer Position

The position includes applications engineering of
new components, identifying and carrying out
improvements to existing components, identifying
resource constraints; troubleshooting process and
equipment issues; testing new processes.

Responsibilities include:
· Executing and supporting all production processes
(laser-cutting, heat treatments, mechanical and
chemical processing, and electropolishing)
· Identifying manufacturing steps for new components
· CAD/CAM programming
· Tooling and fixturing design

Requirements:
· B.S. or M.S. in Engineering
(Mechanical, Biomedical, Manufacturing, Chemical, Mechatronic) or equivalent
· Experience or education relevant to manufacturing
· Analytical skills related to manufacturing processes
· CAD experience.

Beneficial:
· CAD/CAM experience
· Experience with ISO9001 or ISO13485
· Precision manufacturing experience
· Laser experience
· Chemical handling experience

What our customers are saying:
“Excellent quality …very consistent”
“You guys work hard and produce great parts.”
“Really technical. I love it.”
“Better service than the others we’ve qualified. We are sticking with you.”
“You’re unbeatable on R&D.”
“No quality issues…unlike certain other suppliers.”
“You guys are awesome...”

Lumenous Device Technologies: We Do Brilliant.
Please send resumes to
<mailto:opportunity_at_lumenous.com>opportunity_at_lumenous.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.