job_060414b: Senior Mechanical Engineer, MindTribe, San Francisco CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:33:02 -0700

Here at MindTribe, we love building things and we
do it a lot.  However, we’ve learned from
experience that building the right thing requires
a design methodology and a skill set which can be
a tad uncommon. Â Along with serious engineering
skills, we share a strong empathy with our
clients and their customers. Â We work hard to
figure out how to validate key product features
fast and early to save time while yielding a
product that will be embraced. Â And we try to do it better every time.

We’re looking for senior mechanical engineers
that can not only architect and implement
detailed mechanical designs, but can also work
closely with clients and other engineers to make
sure the end product is what was actually needed.
Team players are a must with a strong interest in
continual team and methodology improvement. Â
And, perhaps most importantly, a passion to help
our clients make their products a success.

Here are some senior ME qualities we're looking for

5+ years in product development, ideally in
consumer electronics, with multiple examples of
taking designs from concept through to manufacturing ramp

Expert in mechanical design of plastic and metal
parts both for quick turn prototyping and for
mass production, with experience in consumer
electronics or medical products a major plus
(SolidWorks is our main MCAD package)

Passion to help clients develop new products and
to continually improve the process of product development

Solid communication skills: presentation, verbal and written

Experience leading mechanical teams and mentoring junior members

Experience collaborating with industrial
designers and user experience designers to
incorporate their input into a product's design

Sufficient understanding of electrical and
firmware realities to help inform integrated
design decisions. Â Advanced skills are a plus.

Experience working with contract manufacturers
before and during production ramp, remotely or on-site, domestic or overseas

A desire to work with like-minded colleagues to
build the best product development team around

If the above sounds like you, we want to talk.
Please send your cover letter and resume to
<mailto:mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com>mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.