job_060414c: Senior Firmware Engineer, MindTribe, San Francisco CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:33:39 -0700

We're looking for senior firmware engineers to join the team!
The hard requirements are brief: 5+ years of
writing code for embedded systems with experience
leading projects. At Mindtribe we code most often
in C. In addition to technical work, our senior
engineers plan projects, lead teams of engineers, and mentor junior members.

At this point, you can tackle most technical
challenges that come your way. The rest you could
figure out given enough time. You're starting to
grow into someone who can elevate an entire team
- not just by adding engineering horsepower, but
by multiplying the abilities of those around you.
You could probably get a job anywhere you want. Why Mindtribe?

My name is Mike, and I've been at Mindtribe for 7
years. As a product development consultancy, we
get to peek inside a lot of exciting companies.
Thatā€™s how I know thereā€™s nowhere else Iā€™d rather be.

Nobody sees the kind of variety that we do.
Working at Mindtribe is being immersed in a
constant stream of projects across different
industries using different technologies. You will
learn. A lot. About everything. Mindtribers are
not just versatile within their own fields -
"firmware" engineers work with everything from
8-bit micros to embedded Linux to smartphones -
we also have EEā€™s driving SolidWorks, MEā€™s
developing iOS apps, and FW engineers laying out
PCBā€™s. You'll iterate through many
careers-worth of projects and solutions faster
than you thought possible. And you'll get better at it each time.

Everyone here loves hardware, so much that we've
been known to spend leisure time on projects that
aren't so different from what we do at work. Or
perhaps it's the other way around. We may code in
bits and bytes, but we work in the real world.
Our desks are cluttered with dev boards and
prototypes. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with
teammates, discuss our work throughout each day,
and build amazing things together. We're
constantly in front of clients to extract
feedback, plot course corrections, and lead the way.

Mindtribe succeeds by putting forward strong
teams with sound methods. While we consider
ourselves talented engineers, relying on heroic
individual efforts to meet impossible deadlines
is a painful way to squeak by. Instead, our edge
comes from constant introspection about how we do
engineering, and we are always looking for ways
to improve. Things that are broken here donā€™t stay that way for long.

We're a small company. As a result, your
contributions will have immediate, visible
impacts not just on projects, but also on the
success of the entire organization. Although we
all swab the decks, everyone also gets to help steer.

Mindtribe is located in the heart of downtown San
Francisco, convenient to public transit and at
the epicenter of a flourishing technology
industry. We enjoy working together and place
great value in maintaining an awesome company
environment. ā€˜Tribers regularly spend time
together outside the office, whether thatā€™s
doing happy hour at a local watering hole or
enjoying the rocking chairs at the new Exploratorium.

For more information about us, check out our
team, our portfolio, and our method on website:
<http://www.mindtribe.com>www.mindtribe.com.

If this is resonating, we'd love to get to know
you! Please drop us a line at
<mailto:nopnjmp_at_mindtribe.com>nopnjmp_at_mindtribe.com
to tell us how you've demonstrated leadership in
your career and why you'd be excited to do what we do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.